change drumheads....

one-x_drummer

hello to everyone...
i want to change my toms(12",13",16"),snare(14") and kick(22") drumheads-batter and resos,except from my snare batte head cause i've already buy one(coated ambassandor).what do you suggest...?

What style of music do you play?

I have used various Remo heads without too much success, as far as my ear goes, then tried Evans coated G2 batter and G1 clear for resos. On the snare I have used HD Dry and Reverse Dot batters and Hazy 300 resos. I had no quality issues with Remo just sound differences. I haven't had a bad Evans head yet quality wise.

when i'm practising i play all styles..rock,funk,metal,even jazz but i'm mostly play grooves...with my band i play rock-metal-rap...so i play all styles

Hmm personally i'm a remo supporter, so i suggest coated emporers on batter and clear ambassadors on reso side. What kind of kit do you have?

I've always had mixed luck with Remo heads, and have yet to have any technical problems with Evans, but I still prefer the sound and feel of Remo. I think Coated Emperors over Coated Ambassadors would suit just fine for those toms and the bass drum something like Coated Powersonic/ Coated Ambassador would work (these heads have me interested with that removable dampening thing). Otherwise I would say Coated Ambassadors all around and maybe something like a Powerstroke 3 on the bass batter.

thanks a lot for the suggestions...
i thought it and i want to ask if these are good..

TOMS
batter: DIPLOMAT
reso: PINSTRIPE

SNARE
reso: SNARE DIPLOMAT

BASS
batter: CLEAR POWERSTROKE-3

any comments??

Comment, don't use diplomats on the batter, too thin (7 mil) they will dent too easy.
Don't use pinstripes on the reso, too thick. (my opinion)
The diplomats will make the drum sing with a shorter sustain than an ambassador, less mass = less sustain. Ambassador = 10 mil

Different strokes for different folks, there are so many options. My choice has been Remo coated pinstripe for all toms. I find that tuning is fast and that I can tweak the overall sound fairly easly.

Good luck

i will use diplomats for resos and pinstripes for batter definetely..
if i want a darker sound i better use clear ambassandors than diplomats for resos eh???

ok. so i'm replacing my drum heads and i play heavy rock and metal. i'm planning on getting evans genera hd dry for my snare batter head and hazy 300 for the snare side. For my toms i'm thinking about getting some remo emperors. would this be good for the genres i play?

Also, should i also replace the stock reso heads on my toms? i possibly have an extra thirty to forty dollars i could possibly work with, would it be worth it to spend now and replace. cuz i have heard some sets that sound pretty good with stock reso heads.

For heavy metal, use pinstripes on ur toms, the evans genera will be great for snare

For heavy metal, use pinstripes on ur toms, the evans genera will be great for snare

The Evans Genera HD (stands for "Heavy Duty") is another great snare head that's super-durable. The only difference is that the HD is 2 ply instead of 1. It's the most responsive 2-ply snare head I've used (much more so than a Remo coated Emperor).

Yea i ment the HD, just culdnt be bothered typing it in haha

Back