Stage Names?

I'm the only member of my band who doesn't have a shoe-related name: they are Diamonte Sandal, Ruby C. Lipper and Philippe Pheloppe (for you non-UK English speakers, a flip flop is a type of beach shoe, called, somewhat unnervingly to us Brits, a thong in Australia). We have just recruited Sir Hunter Wellington-Boote.

How about Tiger Clogs?

For all those trying to come up with a stage name for Madge, the rest of the band do not have footwear related puns for names, they have made up names that sound like a form of footwear, but based on names.

So Muffy de Mule, Espa Drill or Penny Loafer might be invited to join the band, but R Sole never would.

For all those trying to come up with a stage name for Madge, the rest of the band do not have footwear related puns for names, they have made up names that sound like a form of footwear, but based on names.

So Muffy de Mule, Espa Drill or Penny Loafer might be invited to join the band, but R Sole never would.

Espa Drill is brilliant!

But Magenta is lovely.

Madge, how about Stella La Toe?

Headley Grange. Or is that already taken?

I'll thank you not to to put ideas in people's heads, young man!

Espa Drill is brilliant!

But Magenta is lovely.

I like Espa Drill too - and that's jolly kind of you, Nancy :)

Madge, how about Stella La Toe?

Very clever - that's another we hadn't come up with during our brainstormings. I'm happy with my name, as it happens, although I'm slightly wondering if I should change Stardust to Stiletto; that said, it took me long enough to come up with it in the first place and it fits with all the sparkle. Reinhardt is perhaps a tad common ... (peeps, that's a joke, I shamelessly stole it from a friend because it's wonderful).

Last edited:
and if you ever move to Nashville and take on that whole scene your studio name could be Billy Ray Clicktrack, his time is so tight he squeaks when he laughs.

My neighbors are bodybuilders and I told them one day "y'all are so tight that when you get it on, you probably sound like a couple of beach balls squeaking together"...

PS- I snort. Really, I do.

This is an old thread, but I would have warned the OP that the surname "Beeche" was going to cause her grief further down the line. Could be the reason she left.

I'm Arvind Jayaram, some people call me Arv. I use that name when I play bass. When I play drums, I'm Reggae Mangle, since I like to think of myself as Archie Andrews foil. And when I play guitar and sing, I'm Jimmy Rage, just something handed down to me over the ages.

In Sorcerer's Spell, originally everyone had nicknames. I was originally Ben 'Storm of Substitution' Turk because I was just filling in, and then after that became 'Timelord' after I was in the band proper.

In Gloryhammer I am Ralathor, the Mysterious Hermit of Cowdenbeath.

In Jaldaboath I am Turk the Saracen by the looks of it.

Somewhere there's a cracked 16" Zildjain crash cymbal hanging on a wall that has the name Larry Lovetrain written on it in sharpie.

I don't have a stage name, but our technician does: in fact, he has a LOT...
they aren't really stage names, just names he responds to: Tekkie, Kennedy, Ketchup, Kenwood, Keyring, pretty much anything starting with a Ke.

It makes our lives a lot easier

You know how blues musicians are supposed to have nicknames, well, while I lived in Houston I'd go to a blues club called Shakespeare to sit in, mostly on blues harp. It was a gas. The band leader, who goes by the moniker of Spare Time Murray, discovered my middle name is Arthur, so he started calling me Brother Jay Arthur. Not bad, right?

Then I discovered that Jay Arthur is a British military slang term for masturbating.

At my first gig we called ourselves "The ComMEOWnists". Our names were "Chairman Meow Zedong", Benito Meowssolini (Me), and Joseph Meowcarthy.

That was fun.

Back