Affordable and good electronic drums?

flatronl192ws

Hey there!
I have about $1500 to spend on a set of electronic drums.
I'm a total begginer and I played acoustic drums before.

So what am I looking for?
Well, I want to play in a band, on stage, with acoustic drums, so I need the transition between the electronic drums and the acoustic ones to be as smooth as possible (as much resemblence as possible).
Obviously, I want it to sound "right", as natural as possible.
Oh.. and a double pedal :D but if the set doesn't have one there's no problem if I can add one to it later.

So... whacha' say?

I'm gonna piggy-back this thread to ask what mesh head electronic kits drummers out there would recommend for around the same money ($1500). Unlike the OP this would be mainly for practise purposes. I have an acoustic kit already and I'm looking for the silent benefits of electronic kits. Also mesh heads I find a bit more fun too. I'm not looking for the best, just something more playable than that cheapo Millenium electronic kit I had years ago. It was like hitting furniture.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Go to Craig's List and you can get all three for $1500.

I picked up a Roland TD6 for $375, a Yamaha DTXIII with a double pedal for $400 and a Hart/Alesis (mesh) for $140 (the Alesis control module didn't work but it just had the wrong power supply :) )

I prefer the Rolands so far and, I haven't given it a chance but, I'm not diggin the mesh heads on the Hart set. I'm trying to find a way to change them out. Too spongey.

I think 'affordable' and 'good' would be an oxymoron in the electronic drumset realm ;)
You'd probably be better off buying yourself a nice PA for the acoustic drums you do have, considering you're buying this to play with a band onstage anyway. Why not just make your acoustic drums sound good and be able to compete with your amplified band mates?

Back