My review of the new DW 8000 double pedal

hateplow

Silver Member
....piece of crap.
I had one of the cam springs snap in two today while recording.
I'm not a real stomper, either. You'd think it was a 100 dollar PDP pedal. I'm very upset.
I'm going back to 5000's.

....piece of crap.
I had one of the cam springs snap in two today while recording.
I'm not a real stomper, either. You'd think it was a 100 dollar PDP pedal. I'm very upset.
I'm going back to 5000's.

funny... my 100 pdp double pedal has lasted me over 5 years. i use iron cobras now, but they are still solid backups, and plan on using them with a second set.

i think you just have a defective product. i hope you bought a warranty.

funny... my 100 pdp double pedal has lasted me over 5 years. i use iron cobras now, but they are still solid backups, and plan on using them with a second set.

i think you just have a defective product. i hope you bought a warranty.

Doubt they would warranty a $4 spring.

So it's a piece of crap based on a spring breaking? Now if the footboard broke or some other major structural component failed I might agree. Granted it's frustrating that the spring broke but I don't think that would qualify the pedal to be a piece of crap.

That really sucks about the spring breaking,
but Im pretty sure DW would replace it if you contacted them.

How did you like the feel of it?
I mean before it broke.

That really sucks about the spring breaking,
but Im pretty sure DW would replace it if you contacted them.

How did you like the feel of it?
I mean before it broke.

I thought it was OK. It's got the footboard of the 5000 with the cam of the 9000. I discovered soonafter that I prefer the 5000 cam.
I prefer Iron Cobras, but hated how they would slam the top of my feet.

So it's a piece of crap based on a spring breaking?

That is the basic gist of my post, yes. Without the 4$ spring, the $400 pedal is useless.

Just an update...
I emailed DW customer support, and heard back from a guy in about an hour.
This is what he wrote;
"Good morning and thanks for choosing D.W,

Sorry to hear about your pedal. Can you tell me the exact date and where you purchased your pedal? Please get back to me with that information so we can get you taken care of a.s.a.p. I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Jon Dewey

Customer Service Representative

Drum Workshop, Inc."

I have the DW8000 single pedal and I had a spring break after a very short time. I play jazz so I don't pound on the pedal at all. When I contacted DW they were very helpful and replaced the entire spring assembly at no charge. The spring has not broken again, but I wonder if it's a design flaw or it was simply a bad batch of low quality springs. I now bring my 5000 to every gig as a back up. Too many people have had this same problem for it to be a small matter. This is an expensive pedal and is used by professional players who rely on it's dependability. Even with a back up you still have to stop playing to replace the faulty pedal. This can be a major problem and could cost you gigs and money. As much as I like the feel of this pedal I am considering going back to the 5000 and getting rid of the 8000 unless DW can assure me that the problem has been resolved.

Back