anyone equalizer puresound wires?

i bought a bunch of various snare wires a month back, i know the equilizers were one of them and honestly i really didn't hear much difference at all. the larger ones, 42 & 30 strand wires had a little more barely noticable snare sound but bewtween the all the different types i tried i ended up putting the original 20 strand stock wires back on and returned the rest. i noticed a way bigger differene after changing the heads more then what i did changing the wires. ended up using a 2 mil hazy and a genera dry and those gave me more of what i wanted then what the wires did.

but i could have done it all wrong too....

The EQ wires were designed to reduce sympathetic buzz. I had a newer George way snare that for some reason had more sympathetic buzz than normal so I tried the Puresound EQ wires and it worked quite well. In also tried them on other snares and could not tell much difference so unless you have a problem drum I would stick with standard wires.

the equalizers are nice but the 20 strand brass custom pros have to be my favorite puresounds. most snare wires i had seen and played were steel but brass just had so much more, something, to it. lol, im so good with descriptions...anyway, my vote goes for the brass custom pros but you'll never be disappointed with puresounds, except the blaster wires, those are just so harsh and unmusical...

I was going to make review from this snare wire but I saw this thread so I'll tell my opinion here about it:

So today I ended to buy Puresound Equalizer 14'' 16 strand snare wires and I'm suprised how well do they work! I had awful snare buzz before, especially when I was playing my bass drum and when I changed my snare wires into these, all the snare buzz were almost eliminated. I recommend this product for everyone. Cost 35€ but I think it's worth it.

Back