INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

Real name? Ignas Genys

Age? 26

How long have I been playing? I've been playing various percussion instruments for around 10 years. Drumkit - only occasionally due to changing living locations.

Origin of my username? Translation of my surname

Make of cymbals? Toca, african djembes, various handmade instruments, including my own Woodpecker's Balafons.

Where do you practice? Various locations

Are you or were you in a band? Only temporary occasions

Style of music? Intuitive music

Country? Lithuania

How did I start drumming? I've liked playing rhythms since my teens, when i would play around with different objects and surfaces. Later I started inventing 'rhythm kits' (one of those was my famous bucket and pot kit :) I also invented a folding xylophone kind of instrument for my street performances and my travels. I call it Woodpecker's Balafons and that's what i'm working on at the moment. I have intentions to make larger instruments such as a mini marimba or a full 5 octave marimba.

Real Name?
Arnaud Terrade

Age?

Origin of my username?
Arsenal FC

How long have I been playing?
25 years on and off

Top 5 drummers?
Ahmir 'Questlove' Thompson
Chad Smith
Jojo Mayer
Zoro
Philip 'Fish' Fisher

Make of drumkit?
Yamaha (what else?)
10, 14, 18 Stage Custom birch
3.5x14 Brass David Garibaldi signature snare

Make of cymbals?
Zildjian
13 K hi-hats
20 A Crash Ride

Where do you practice?
Soudproofed cast-concrete garden shed

Are you in a band?
No. Play with different groups/artists

Do you play covers or originals?
Both

What style of music?
Funk, Jazz, Soul, hip-hop

Favourite take out food?
Pizza

What country do you live in?
Ireland

One really odd fact about yourself?
while in college, I worked in a morgue.

How did you start drumming?
My old man was a jazz fanatic and brought me to see Louie Bellson who was headlining a local jazz festival when I was 10 years old. I' d never seen anything like it: the double bass, huge cymbal set and the octopus-like Bellson play made me fall in love with drums right then and there. Joined the local music school and its marching band, learned the rudiments, joined my dad's big-ban, played for a few punk-rock bands in my teen and college years then went back to jazz & funk. Bob's your uncle!

How long have you been playing: About 10 years now

Origin of user name: well... It's my name

Your top 5 drummers: Marco Minnemann, Neil Peart, Carter Beauford, Jim Chapin, Jojo Mayer

Make of drumkit: Gretsch

Make of cymbal: Sabian (and one Zildjian)

Where do you practice: My guitarist's house (acoustic) my apartment (electric)

Are you in a band: yes sir, we are The Mojo

Do you play covers or originals: originals with the occasional cover

What style of music: hard rock - metal

Favorite take out food: Babylonian

What country do you live in: Canada

One really odd fact about yourself: At least once almost every day the Flinstones theme song (but sung by homer simpson) will pop into my head for absolutely no reason.

How did you start drumming: In grade 7 our librarian (who was a drummer) put together a school percussion group based on stomp. We played on trash cans and I have been hooked on smacking stuff with sticks ever since.

Hello all, long time browser of about 8 years, first post ever.

How long have you been playing: 8 years
Origin of user name: My middle name
Your top 5 drummers: Blake Richardson, Billy Cobham, Alex Rudinger, Travis Orbin, Neil Peart
Make of drumkit: 6 Shells Pearl Vision, Strata Red Finish. Snare Drum: Pearl 13x7 African Mahognay & Poplar
Make of cymbal: Zildjian, do love some Paiste Alphas though
Where do you practice: My house
Are you in a band: Yes, we are called Anamorph
Do you play covers or originals: Originals
What style of music: Progressive, Experimental, Heavy, Instrumental, Eclectic
Favourite take out food: Anything vegetarian
What country do you live in: The 'murica
One really odd fact about yourself: All facts about me are odd
How did you start drumming: Pots & Pans at the age of 6 according to my parents

Real name? Jason

Age? Middle

How long have you been playing? 17 to 30, started again 3 years ago

Origin of user name? It's a play on one of my favorite albums w/ one of my favorite drummers. Thought "gut_pageants" might be too gross and inside

Your top 5ish drummers?

80s/90s:
DJ Bonebrake
Dave Narcizo
Andrew Paresi
John Stanier
Dave Lovering

90s/on:
Britt Walford
Zach Barocas
Adam Wade
Damon Che
Kevin Coultas

Make of drumkit?

Yamaha

Make of cymbal?

Zildjian

Where do you practice?

At home

Are you in a band?

Yup.

Do you play covers or originals?

Originals w/ occasional covers

What style of music?

Vaguely gaelic rock

Favourite take out food?

Subs

What country do you live in?

USA

One really odd fact about yourself?

I am pretty normal!

How did you start drumming?

I lied to get into a band. Apparently I faked it really well

Years playing: unofficial/official 20 years

Origin of username: something I came up with cause I'm a professional drummer and my names zack haha but in no way am I into drugs it's a play on words

Inspiration: saw my first concert at 4 yrs old and fell in love with drums

Top influences: Matt Greiner, Neil Peart, Tom Knight, Chris Tyrell, Craig Wright

Play with a band: yes every weekend just about I'm touring
Most of the southeast

Home: Georgia USA

Farthest place played a gig: in the USA, North Dakota, farthest period Europe for a military USO tour in Germany, Bosnia, Kosovo and holland

Kit make: custom kit by trick drums 5 piece 10,12, 14, 22 and 6.5 x 14 snare

Cymbals used: paiste 2002 18"wild crash, 18" power crash, 16" china, 15" hats, zildjian 21" A custom ride.

Recording history: drums on our bands cd, Christmas song sung by niki haris who is background vocalist for Madonna and the girl singing the part in that song "I've got the power!" And the horn section in this song is done by Wycliffe Gordon.

Major artists shared the stage with: Lee Brice, Jerrod niemann, Tracy Lawrence, locash cowboys, the LACS, Ashton Shepard.

First band ever played in: church band at 11 years old

Favorite genre: country and southern rock

How long have you been playing: Started playing when I was 12, been on and off since then.
Origin of user name: If I remember correctly, I was born with it.
Your top 5 drummers: Of course Neil Peart, Josh Freese, Danny Carey, Mike Portnoy, Ben Gordon. (Favorite bands/music to jam out to)
Drumkit:
ohjss9.jpg
This is what I currently have to work with, need to clean the rust off and probably tune.(Part of an old set given to me).... I am purchasing a double pedal and cymbals my next paycheck.
Where do you practice: Garage usually, bongos and djembes at drum circles
Are you in a band: Not at the moment, but as soon as I get my kit together, I will jam with my best friend and her band. =)
Do you play covers or originals: Both.
What style of music: Listen to? Almost everything. Mostly electronic and alternative/metal though.
Favourite take out food: Take out? I absolutely love sushi, take-out, dine-in, home-made, etc. =P
What country do you live in: 'Merica
One really odd fact about yourself: I'm a competitive and passionate paintballer, I travel the country and world(soon) to play.
How did you start drumming: My Dad was my inspiration, plus I've always just drummed on desks at school.
30248t0.jpg

I am SO excited to join these forums, and extremely determined to play again.

Thanks for reading!

How long have you been playing: I started drums when i was 6

Origin of Username: The make of my kit.

Your top 5 drummers: Mike Portnoy, Buddy Rich, Ben Carter, Neil Peart and Jeremy Spencer.

Drum Kit: Pearl Export Series Gold Sparkle

Where do you practise: My House

Are you in a band: Yes we are called Terebos check us out! https://www.facebook.com/TerebosUK?fref=ts

What style of music: Groove Metal, Thrash Metal! Metal mainly but i like other styles too!

What country do you live in: England!

How did you start drumming? i was round my mates house when i was 6 and my mates brother was around 16, he went to the shop so i went on his drum kit! and surprisingly i could play haha so my parents bought me my first drum kit when i was about 7 before that i used my friends haha

Real name? Robert
Age? 22
How long have you been playing? Six years
Origin of user name? Roco is my nickname from childhood.
Your top 5 drummers? JoJo Mayer, Mike Portnoy, Vinnie Colaiuta, Joe Morello, Marco Minneman.
Make of drumkit? Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute, Steve Gadd Signature Snare
Make of cymbal? Sabian HH Raw Bell Dry Ride, Paiste Sound Formula Crash, Zildjian ZBT Crash, Bosphorus Traditional Crisp HiHat.
Where do you practice? At nearby village.
Are you in a band? Yes. The Sparks, Standard Procedure, Music Academy Band.
Do you play covers or originals? Covers and originals.
What style of music? Jazz, Funk/Soul, Rock
Favourite take out food? Pizza, I guess.
What country do you live in? Croatia
One really odd fact about yourself? The most of my fingers on hands were broken or cracked, and there's no consequences for playing(thank God)
How did you start drumming? Tried to play, liked it, and my parents bought me first drumset.

Real Name? Erin
Age? Middle
How long have you been playing? I wouldn't call it playing, but about three days...
Origin of user name? It's what my husband calls me - from the old Allman Brothers tune.
Your top 5 drummers? Daniel Adair, Greg Upchurch, Shannon Leto, Joey Kramer, Meg White
Make of drumkit? Pearl Rhythm Traveler
Make of cymbal? Zildjian A
Where do you practice? In my bedroom
Are you in a band? no
Do you play covers or originals? I'm lucky to get through a basic stick drill, but will be playing covers....eventually.
What style of music? Rock - Classic, Hard, and Alternative
Favourite take out food? Pizza.
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? I am a delegate of our local Girl Scout Council for the National Girl Scout Council.
How did you start drumming? No Joke...I started listening to music with over ear headphones instead of ear buds. What a difference! Then I noticed the music Spotify was picking up for me all had the same theme...DRUMS. My husband noticed my increasing and frequent air drumming, and suggested I learn how to play for real. (awww...) Six months later I finally have my kit!

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Real name? Reinder
Age? 41
How long have you been playing? 2 years on edrums, a few weeks on a real kit

Glad to see I'm not the only one here that started on the brink of 40's...Was it hard to learn starting so late? I'm afraid my hands are already trained to do the same thing at the same time, and making them work together yet independently is giving me big trouble!

Greetings, fellow drum bretheren!
Real name? David
Age? 44
How long have you been playing? 30+ years
Origin of user name? nickname
Your top 5 drummers? Just 5? Impossible... Gary Husband, Vinnie Colaiuta, Gary Novak, Keith Carlock, Tony Williams, Billy Cobham, Elvin Jones, Terry Bozzio, John Bonham, Munetaka Higuchi, Kenneth Schalk, Sean Reinert, Neil Peart, Elliot Hoffman, Bill Ward, Phil Ehart... that's enough for now!
Make of drumkit? custom (shells by Keller, hardware from John Riolo, finish by Mark Ross / MRP Drums)
Make of cymbal? Zildjian & Sabian
Where do you practice? currently nowhere (no time or access to soundproofness)
Are you in a band? solo project
Do you play covers or originals? originals
What style of music? anything except most pop
Favourite take out food? pizza
One really odd fact about yourself? my favorite song of all time is "Bang The Drum" by Todd Rundgren
How did you start drumming? The drumming in the music I was listening to started to catch my ear, especially Led Zeppelin, Kansas & Rush; tried it and loved it.

Last edited:
Whats up guys? Never fully introduced myself, so here goes.
Real Name? Nathan
Age? 15
How long have you been playing? about 6 years
Origin of user name? Spongebob, of course!
Your top 5 drummers? This is hard to narrow it down, but I'll do one of each genre: John Bonham, Carter Beauford, Keith Moon, Matt Halpern, Gene Krupa.
Make of drumkit? PDP Concept Maple CM7
Make of cymbal? Zildjian and Sabian
Where do you practice? Basement
Are you in a band? Yes
Do you play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Indie, Rock, Grunge, Metal, Blues, all the good stuff
Favourite take out food? Hot Wings
One really odd fact about yourself? I have two fake teeth. Long story.
How did you start drumming? My brother got his first kit when he was in seventh grade, and I just grew up in my household around drumming because my family is so into music. Picked up the sticks myself, played the 5th grade talent show, and I was hooked.

Real Name? Carlo
Age? 24
How long have you been playing? Seven years
Origin of user name? chrl is an abbreviation of my nickname, Charlie, and 71 comes from my first band's name, Skate71
Your top 5 drummers? Travis Barker, Tony Royster jr, Chris Coleman, Eric Moore, Thomas Pridgen
Make of drumkit? Stocco Drums, an Italian handmade
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian, and some Ufip
Where do you practice? At home with electronic drums, and in the drum school in my town.
Are you in a band? Sometimes... :D
Do you play covers or originals? In the bands i always play originals, but i post drum covers on youtube
What style of music? Pop punk, Funk, Rap, R'n'B
Favourite take out food? Pizza!!!
What country do you live in? Italy
One really odd fact about yourself? My job is driving trains... :D
How did you start drumming? It's strange, but i didn't decide anything, two drumsticks came to me at a rehearsal day of a band in my town, i tried the drums, and my life changed from there on.

How long have you been playing: 18 Years
Origin of user name: First initial, middle initial, last name (Crazy Original!)
Your top 5 drummers: Thomas Pidgen, Chad Smith, Carter Beauford, Dennis Chambers, Dave Grohl
Make of drumkit: Yamaha, Roland, DDrum
Make of cymbal: Zildjian
Where do you practice: Drum room or at my bands practice space
Are you in a band: Yes
What style of music: Blues/Rock
Favorite take out food: Crab Cheese WonTons
What country do you live in: USofA
One really odd fact about yourself: I had open heart surgery @ 10 yrs old
How did you start drumming: My uncles were in bands and I would constantly beat on my Uncles Pearl. After I took his Chad Smith VHS "Red Hot Rhythm" it was on!

Real Name? Mike
Age? 46
How long have you been playing? Maybe 6 years
Origin of user name? bastardization of my company name
Your top 5 drummers? Stewart Copeland, Dave Naves, Pete Thomas, Kenny Aronoff, Jim Keltner
Make of drumkit? DW
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Istanbul Agop
Where do you practice? At home
Are you in a band? Not really; various recording/jamming projects
Do you play covers or originals? both
What style of music? power pop
Favourite take out food? Pizza
One really odd fact about yourself? everything about me is odd
How did you start drumming? playing Rock Band with my kids

O, hai there.

How long have you been playing: Just started, about 3 weeks.

Origin of user name: Just two words I came up with while changing my Steam username.

Your top 5 drummers: I don't really know a lot of them, but two are; Neil Pert, and Kim Scifino.

Make of drumkit: GP Percussion, I really do not like it.

Make of cymbal: Same as above.

Where do you practice: In my basement. :)

Are you in a band: No, but me and my dad play together.

Do you play covers or originals: We really just do covers.

What style of music: Really anything. So far we have played: Classic Rock, Punk, Blues, and a little Hard Rock.

Favourite take out food: Chinese.

What country do you live in: USA.

One really odd fact about yourself: Nothing really odd.

How did you start drumming: I was interested when I saw my uncle's drum-kit, then after playing the drums on rockband, and beating the set to death I was hooked. Just a little while ago, me and my mom where at a music store, and she decided to buy a drum-kit.

Hi

Hi all, allow me to introduce myself.

How long have you been playing: 8 years, I think
Origin of user name: My late goldfish was called Stella. She in turn was named after an Interpol song.
Your top 5 drummers: I don't know that many. But I absolutely love Bryan Devendorf's drumming. Other than that, I used to be a fan of Herr Benny Greb, but haven't seen anything of him or his work for years.
Make of drumkit: Beverley kit from the 70's.
Make of cymbal: Amedia and Paiste 3000.
Where do you practice: During band repetitions. At home on an improvised smaller electronic set up.
Are you in a band: I play in a post punk / new wave band called Stillwave (www.facebook.com/stillwavemusic)
Do you play covers or originals: Originals only
What style of music: press has used terms like post punk, shoegaze, new wave and post rock.
Favourite take out food: not a fan
What country do you live in: The Netherlands
One really odd fact about yourself: When I wake up and walk to the shower, I wear my clean boxershorts on my head. I have been doing that for four years now and it still feels like the right thing to do.
How did you start drumming: On a set of pans to practice for a recital in secondary school when I was 14.

Hallo!

My name is Daniel. Have been reading the threads here for a while, but now decided to register.

I´m 37 years and live with my family on an island just outside Stockholm.
Started playing drums when I was 7 years old. The last 10 years or so I have been playing only bass. But now I´m back at drumming.

Since I have sold all my drums I had to start over again last winter.

I started with this.

532163_670720049624331_965466651_n.jpg

Then I got these.

IMG_0516.jpg

And then I just traded the Sonors for these.

20130816_235505_1.jpg

20130816_235428_1.jpg

I also trade my Sonor snares, one 14x5 and a 12x5 plus an Iron Cobra powerglide for this snare.

20130816_181426_1.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics of the Premier and Yammies. Better pics will come on the yammies. I just put them up in the kitchen quick. The 8" tom isn´t on the pics. That one is black and I got it as a bonus.

I also have Zildjian K 14" hihat, Zildjian A-Custom 21" 20th anniversery ride, Zildjian A-Custom 16" medium crash and a Meinl Soundcaster Custom 18" medium crash.

Right now I´m starting a pretty big funk/soul band. We will be around 10 people. Horns and everything.

Hello there! Pleased to meet you all!

How long have you been playing: 11 Years I think
Origin of user name: Derived from possibly drunken ramblings with my brother.
Your top 5 drummers:Theres always so much to learn from any drummer! But I'd have to put Buddy at the top.
Make of drumkit: Gretsch Catalina Club. 1960s emerald green Gretsch. 1970s blue oyster Luddy, and a 1980s Yamaha recording custom.
Make of cymbal: Zildjian
Where do you practice: Anywhere theres a table.
Are you in a band: I play for a local function band called Salty Hog, and Antimatter, who are signed to a german record label.
Do you play covers or originals: Salty Hog - both, Antimatter - originals.
What style of music: Antimatter have been described as 'Melancholic rock' and 'UK kings of all that is depressive'...you get the idea.
Favourite take out food: pizza
What country do you live in: Wales
One really odd fact about yourself: I wear white gloves when I'm handling my gear.
How did you start drumming: I always wanted to be able to play an instrument, but was terrible at everything I tried. I wasn't far off terrible when I first started drumming, but I enjoyed it so much more than the other instruments!

Back