My setup is (nearly) COMPLETE.

MisterMixelpix

Silver Member
You heard me. Complete. The only thing left is to add a left side China.

Tama Superstar 5pc, Evans Onyx heads with G1 clears on the reso, Onyx on REMAD for the kick.
Tama Metalworks 13x6.5 engraved snare, Evans Reverse Dot batter with Hazy 300 snare side head.

Gibraltar 3-wing stand

Tama IC doubles

CYMBALS (left to right):
  • 14" Sabian AA Metal-X Hats
  • 16" Wuhan China
  • 18" Sabian AAXplosion fast crash
  • 18" Sabian AAX Metal Crash
  • 15" Sabian AAXplosion Crash
  • 20" Sabian AA Metal-X ride

2QrhYl.jpg

J9RrQl.jpg

gi4wql.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. How do you like the Onyx's? And I'm guessing that 15" x-plosion is the free one from the rebate? hahaha

That it is. And I adore the Onyx heads. They really shine at low tunings, too. Not sure I'll try 'em on a snare though.

Yeah I sent for mine like 2 weeks ago and got it yesterday (I live 600km from SABIAN lol) It was such a great deal. And if I had money I'd love to try the Onyx's and the new Power Centre but having no money kinda sucks.

That's my exact setup, actually. The PC reverse dot on a snare is pretty beast. Save up, totally worth it.

Yeah I actually I have the centre dot on my snare also. Have you tried the ones for toms yet? So does the Onyx deaden them a lot or do they still have some tone?

They're pretty dead, but have JUST the right amount of tone behind them. Think a nice fat "THUMP" with some ring beneath. To me it's EXACTLY what a tom should do.

That's a rocking kit man, looks nice to play, And for the record a drummers setup is never complete.

It's a BLAST to play. I can't get enough of it!

But to be honest, I cannot imagine what else to throw on. Here's about all I can think of right now:

1) New reso heads (but heads are replaced frequently so this isn't really an "upgrade")
2) Right-side china
3) A splash
4) Bicycle-seat throne

Maybe like in a few YEARS I'll upgrade from Superstars to Starclassics or something, but now we're just talking incredibly long term. Other than that, I can do everything I want to, musically.

I would love to be able to take advantage of some of the cymbal deals over here in europe that you guys get in the states :[ I think cymbal companies are missing a window of opportunity here :p

Is that a tin of butter cookies by your double pedal linkage?

Am I dreaming or does that Metal X ride crash really nicely? I was not expecting that...

Is that a tin of butter cookies by your double pedal linkage?

It's a game box. I had a busted snare stand, but I replaced it today.

Drum-Head said:
Am I dreaming or does that Metal X ride crash really nicely? I was not expecting that...

Yep! I had no idea either until I tried it right then. I just kinda took a chance while recording and hey! Surprise, it crashes. So much for "oh those big heavy Metal rides can't crash", yeah?

Yep! I had no idea either until I tried it right then. I just kinda took a chance while recording and hey! Surprise, it crashes. So much for "oh those big heavy Metal rides can't crash", yeah?

Oh yeah!

That was really a good surprise when watching that video.

Mate your kit looks pretty killer now :D Congrats on replacing the game box for a proper snare stand ;)

LOL, thanks. Replaced the stool today, too. Got me a bicycle seat style, and then threw some Evans G1 clears on the reso heads of my toms, plus a REMAD on the kick. Needless to say, I'm just in love with things now. My toms make the ROOM vibrate, and the kick is this SICK thump. Snare's... well on its way, I just haven't found its sweet spot yet, but MAN that guy pops.

Back