Paiste 22" 2002 as a crash

Matthew423

What do you think about that? I play in a punk band and will be using it as a crash 90% of the time but will also use it as a ride in indie rock type stuff. My other crash is 18" and I have 14" hats.

Re: Paiste 22" 2002 ride as a crash?

sure,many rides are very crash-able, PAiste 2002's being a good example.

Re: Paiste 22" 2002 ride as a crash?

Not saying opentune is wrong as the sound is in the ear of the beholder, but IMO my 20" Paiste "Ride" does not make a good crash sound to me. It is just too heavy, so I don't know how you'd get a 22" to sound right. I do pair my 20" 2002 Ride with a 19" 2002 "Medium" and the 19 inch does make a great crash ride. It's not designated as a crash or a ride but it does both well.

Re: Paiste 22"2002 as a crash

Some 2002's are more crashable than others. I'd say take a look at the 24" 2002 Big Ride:

http://www.paiste.com/e/cymbals.php?category=1&family=5&action=category&menuid=256

It's Medium Thin weight, and Paiste says this about it: ".... Very versatile ride cymbal with good crash-ability...."

A little pricey, but hey - it's only money, right?

I've got a 22" 3000 Power Ride, classed as heavy, and to get a crash type sound from it, you've got to really bash it.

Re: Paiste 22"2002 as a crash

Some 2002's are more crashable than others. I'd say take a look at the 24" 2002 Big Ride:

http://www.paiste.com/e/cymbals.php?category=1&family=5&action=category&menuid=256

It's Medium Thin weight, and Paiste says this about it: ".... Very versatile ride cymbal with good crash-ability...."

A little pricey, but hey - it's only money, right?

I've got a 22" 3000 Power Ride, classed as heavy, and to get a crash type sound from it, you've got to really bash it.

My 24" 2002 Reverend Al's Big Ride is my right side massive crash. If it fits, it fits.

I feels it makes for a wonderful low tonal crash with tons of body. I never use it much for a ride in the traditional sense. I leave that up to my 24" 2002 Ride... That I also crash from time to time.

I use a 22" 2002 CRASH in my regular set-up. GREAT cymbal all around for me.
I get great, very useable sounds out of all areas of the cymbal.

My "ride" is a 24" 2002 CRASH. It has a great bell, and a nice stick sound too, but the wash and crash are smoother, and it opens up quicker than the RIDE version.

I have a Rev. Al Big Ride also, and it's a great cymbal too.

(My full set up is 15" 2002 SE hats, 20" CRASH, 22" CRASH, 24" CRASH).

Back