Decent Gloves

gjg1986

Hi. Playing live in small sweaty rock venues my hands get really sweaty and generally if I manage to keep hold of my sticks they slip down into the wrong finger joint, i have to grip them harder, my arm tenses up and my playing goes down hill.

I got a pair of drum gloves thinking this would help but as they're smooth I actually find that when I'm wearing them it is harder to keep hold of the sticks as I have to apply more pressure.

Does anyone know of any decent gloves maybe that have some grip on them?

Cheers.

Gary.

If you must wear gloves, try an automotive accessories shop. The gloves marketed by drum companies look so cheesy to me. Beware though, 20 years from now you may regret the shots of you drumming in gloves. I did it once, 20 years ago and never lived it down.

michael-jackson-glove1.jpg

Did you happen to drum in these wy? :D

And depending on where you might have to play, you may need these also! :)

Attachments

• rocky_red_boxing-gloves-11.jpg
    rocky_red_boxing-gloves-11.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 317
And much laughter was had!

wy is right though. The automotive gloves that came with my car's new jack are super grippy and well ventilated. They look goofy but if it works, it works.

I think Tiger Woods has a few pair of golf gloves that are collecting dust. They may be blood stained, but they are thin, light weight and come is assorted colors.

Back