INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Re: Hello...from Portugal!

Welcome Michelle. We need more female drummers here, we only have a few. Please make yourself feel at home here. You've come to a great place.

From one female drummer to another...welcome! Check out all areas of this site for some great information and when you have questions, let us know...we'll be glad to try and help :)

Welcome to Drummerworld. You have the essentials. The 4 voices. The kick, snare, hats, and ride. Most all your drumming will be with those 4 elements. Rack toms, floor toms, crash, splash, and china's, etc., all that stuff is just icing on the cake.​
I call your set-up, the Steve Adler tribute kit. When Steve first joined GNR, theym took away his big, arena rock kit, and made him play with just a kick, snare, and floor tom. They "forced" him to concentrate on the groove. Leave behind, the multi-tom fills. And, those early Hollywood GNR shows, well, those guys were raw. Gutter-rockers. And the first album, still holds its own, 25 years later.​
My "minimalist" set .... you have 1 more drum, than me.​

Attachments

• Luddy26x14.jpg
    Luddy26x14.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 937
Mario Borrelli here

Hi My friends
Mario Borrelli is a Neapolitan by birth and musical background. Naples can be considered the cradle of Italian rhythmical nature and it's significant musical tradition has given birth to many talented artists. Mario was born in Cercola, Naples (Italy) on the 2nd May 1981. Influenced by his dad who was a Musician (drummer) he began playing classical piano aged 8 and the drums aged 11. His passion for music started at an early age, being surrounded by instruments and music more than toys.
Enjoy Mb Videos
DRUMSOLO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlDtD33AILc&list=UUr2e8YBuDsvfYOfckLEc_Yg&index=10&feature=plcp

More videos on My YOUTUBE channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lifefordrumming?feature=mhee

Hope you enjoy
God Bless you
Mario

I seem to have a lot of online friends from Portugal. I'm glad you're here.

You probably already have a metronome from your other music but if not, pick one up.

Don't think you have any reason not to love that kit. I've had one pretty expensive kit and one very expensive kit. Now I have a Yamaha kit that cost around $600 new. I like this one.

New to the forums, looking for lesson ideas

Hey everyone, D-Rock here. I'm 32 years old and started playing when I was 16. For years before I actually started playing I also wanted to play but for whatever reason my time had to wait...I bought my first set a 1970's Ludwig Vistalite from a great musician friend who would end up being the guitarist in a few bands with me. After two years of playing I started studying seriously with my now close friend David Dreyfus (Student of Dom Famularo) I started teaching drums at the age of 21 after studying with David for 3 years. I stopped teaching when I went to school at the age of 26 to get my degree in Chemistry. Recently graduated last year at the age of 31, didn't land a job teaching chemistry and I've gotten back into drumming and teaching again. I'm trying to make cool online videos and so anyone with cool ideas please throw them my way. Here are two videos I have made...one is on inverted double stroke rolls with your feet, and the other is on a brazilian samba pattern. Hope to hear from people soon..Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCxp1Bw8gpY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdkxUU8l_o&feature=related

Real name? Mike Williams
Age? 46 YOA
How long have you been playing? Off and on 33 years.
Origin of user name? A mixture of my profession and initials.
Your top 5 drummers? 1. Neil Peart, 2. Jimmy The Rev Sullivan, 3. Joey Jordison, 4. John Bonham, 5. Lars Ulrich
Make of drumkit? Pearl Vision VBL in Birch
Make of cymbal? Zildjian ZXT until I can afford to pick up a set of A Customs
Where do you practice? Home / Basement
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? Rock / Jazz
Favourite take out food? Chinese
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? I'm an old fart, but still feel young.
How did you start drumming? Beat on shit in the house until I was old enough to start music in 5th grade. Was playing in a College Jazz Band by my Sophmore year in High School. I've been away from it for 15 years and miss it, so I picked up a nice used kit about month ago. Now trying to build my chops back up. It's amazing how much you lose it when you haven't picked up a pair of sticks in years! Tapping on the steering wheel in the car to the radio just doesn't cut it!

Drums.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hey everyone, just joined!

Ah no! I'm going to kill our guitarist, he said he'd looked the name up and there was only 1 unsignes band named it.
what a dick!

I'm depressed now.

He's the drummer of this band :))

Are you ready Andy?
Steve?
Mick?
Alright fellas.......let's go!!

I used to have a mate called Chunky. Hellraiser was pretty much how I'd describe him too. He was truely as mad as a cut snake. Now I've just gotta get used to seeing Chunky without the ensuing lunacy.....and imminent police presence. :)

Welcome aboard mate.

Are you ready Andy?
Steve?
Mick?
Alright fellas.......let's go!!

I used to have a mate called Chunky. Hellraiser was pretty much how I'd describe him too. He was truely as mad as a cut snake. Now I've just gotta get used to seeing Chunky without the ensuing lunacy.....and imminent police presence. :)

Welcome aboard mate.

Hahaha cheers! Not sure my mental state us up to much either I'm afraid. Cold showers and quiet time keep me good though...

Hey Chunky, welcome to the forum!
(I'm late with that, I know...)
Cheers metalhead brother, haha.

Thought I'd tip-toe into the introducing post! My name's John and I like cheese/whisky.

Real name? John James Harper
Age? 18
How long have you been playing? 3 year (with a pretty big break at some point)
Origin of user name? Favourite Cream song
Your top 5 drummers? (No order) John Bonham, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Ben Johnston, Bernard Purdie
Make of drumkit? Tama Superstar Hyperdrive in Hariline Metallic Black
Make of cymbal? Zildjian ZXT, but not for long
Where do you practice? Pub in my hometown
Are you in a band? The Episode (Facebook The Episode (North East)
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Heavy rock, soft rock and everything in between
Favourite take out food? Kebab
What country do you live in? The (not so) United Kingdom
One really odd fact about yourself? I treat my rabbit like I would a baby
How did you start drumming? Interest of music in general, found myself sat behind the tubs

Last edited:
Hey drummers, I'm a french professionnal drummer, dedicated to the drums for life and thirsty to share, learn, practice and obviously play music
All the best

Hello all!
how long have I been playing: 11 years, for the most part
origin of username: it's my name!
top 5 favorite drummers: Rich, Bonham, Bernard Purdie, Joe Morello, Art Blakey
Make of drumkit: Ludwig amber vistalite
Make of cymbal: Zildjian A's
Where do I practice: Home and school
Am I in a band: No but hopefully very soon will be
Do I play covers or originals: Both
Fave takeout food: Wat-a-burger, local treat
How did I start drumming: My mom bought me an old, very cheap snare drum at a yard sale when I was 11 years old. I can't even remember the make, but a few months after I started getting lessons and the rest is history.

I'm 22. I haven't seriously played drums since my junior year of high school but I really want to get back into it all the way like i had been. In high school I was known as spencer, drummer. i miss those days. I always forgot how I felt with a pair of sticks in my hands, I just love that feeling. and I forgot how that felt! So for me personally, playing drums is like coming back home to what I'm good at, I missed it and forgot how I much I loved it! So I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here on this forum and just getting back to the thing I do the best.

Back