Overhauling the drums again! This time, the design is up to Drummerworld!

I can try and get those in, but they will be really hard. I don't think I'll be able to exceed the detail of post #29. I'm digging the SRV idea, as well as the gun and mushroom.

Keep em coming.

I can try and get those in, but they will be really hard. I don't think I'll be able to exceed the detail of post #29. I'm digging the SRV idea, as well as the gun and mushroom.

Keep em coming.

IC, well you may think you cannot exceed the detail of post #29, but we are going to make you a better artist! by the time you get to some of these you may be a hell of a lot better...who knows! Will keep looking though for ideas.

Jim

How about caricatures of John Bonham and Alex VH (without the drums)? or a picture of the sunrise at the north pole?

Attachments

• john_bonham.jpg
    john_bonham.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 375
  • van6.jpg
    van6.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 366
  • North Pole.bmp
    427.2 KB · Views: 397
Caricatures are a great idea! That north pole shot is beautiful. The Kool Aid guy kind of scares me, maybe I`ll put him on the bottom of the bass so he doesn`t ruin my playing lol.

I`m going to do every painting on a piece of wood as a rough first, just to make sure I can do it, so who knows how much detail I might be able to achieve!

Keep em coming.

hmm... how bout the playboy bunny symbol, that'd be awesome. and how does the kool aid guy scare you? whenever i even think of him i just start cracking up.

hmm... how bout the playboy bunny symbol, that'd be awesome. and how does the kool aid guy scare you? whenever i even think of him i just start cracking up.

Because he's so desperate to get the kids to drink his liquid that he has to bust down the wall. He doesn't even have a lid on him! Lol.

Keep em coming.

How about the Monopoly guy

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• mono guy.jpg
    mono guy.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 441
  • monopolyguy.jpg
    monopolyguy.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 425
  • mg3.jpg
    mg3.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 429
Besides numerous, varied iconic images, in order to create a unifying theme, you might consider covering large sections of all drums with sweeping shapes similar to Tommy Lee's back tattoo.

Attachments

• Tommy Lee back Tat.jpg
    Tommy Lee back Tat.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 355
Besides numerous, varied iconic images, in order to create a unifying theme, you might consider covering large sections of all drums with sweeping shapes similar to Tommy Lee's back tattoo.

That's a good idea, not all pictures will fit together like a puzzle piece, tribal designs will fit perfectly. Although, I might do them white because the background will be black.

Chinese cymbals meaning rice patty but you say mean laughter,
I ripped this off some comedian but I cant remember who at the moment...

a confused looking sheep

a robot being hung

a cupcake

a book with a hand reaching out of it

a pig with bacon strips for legs

a cannon

the seven deadly sins (gonna have to be creative for that one)

two birds, each carrying the end of a string supporting a coconut in the middle

a target with arrows sticking out of it

a spaceship heading for the heart of the sun

a kitten with tiger stripes

the earth with a ridiculously large satellite disk sticking off of it

a teddy bear committing suicide

a slice of pizza with wings (I'm thinking angel wings)

skydiving monkeys

an alarm clock with an axe and a smile

As you can see, I like the idea. In fact, I've done very similar projects, albeit on far smaller scales. Good luck! I can't wait to see the finished project. I'll try to be back next time with some more random thoughts. (And sorry everybody if some of these sound a bit morbid)

a confused looking sheep

a robot being hung

a cupcake

a book with a hand reaching out of it

a pig with bacon strips for legs

a cannon

the seven deadly sins (gonna have to be creative for that one)

two birds, each carrying the end of a string supporting a coconut in the middle

a target with arrows sticking out of it

a spaceship heading for the heart of the sun

a kitten with tiger stripes

the earth with a ridiculously large satellite disk sticking off of it

a teddy bear committing suicide

a slice of pizza with wings (I'm thinking angel wings)

skydiving monkeys

an alarm clock with an axe and a smile

As you can see, I like the idea. In fact, I've done very similar projects, albeit on far smaller scales. Good luck! I can't wait to see the finished project. I'll try to be back next time with some more random thoughts. (And sorry everybody if some of these sound a bit morbid)

That's PERFECT Hauk! That's exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for! Cyber props! (or handshake, you pick.)

Keep em coming guys!

Green Sparkle with Black hardware

How bout a pic of a guy who reads titles of threads but not the first post. : ) Just messing with you, Jose.

I'm glad you like the ideas, IC. Hopefully they will inspire some other people as well. Two minds can't fill a whole set - at least not two average ones.

There you go - a brain! And maybe a head or two in jars, for a Futurama shout-out.

Marijuana leaf

A swarm of three bats

I dunno, a cell phone with "London" on the caller ID
maybe put some notes around it to make it look like its ringing?

London calling anyone?

Oh oh a pig with a cigar, shades, dog tags, and a military cap
A war pig!

Back