Putting myself out there ( uncle Larry, this ones for you)

Wow! Now that's going for it.
Gives you-all a couple months to put together a song list.
Covers? Any originals?
May I ask what your song list is like?

After your posts I can't help but wonder if I might want to gig again.

Hmmmmm Not ready for that.

We play from 10pm to 2 am so I am assuming about 3 sets. Crazy, right?

3 sets? OMG! I need some meds. That's 3 - 1 hour sets. That's 180 minutes! A full 10,800 seconds!

You seem pretty cool with it. I'm a total wreck! What kind of venue? I need my smelling salts!

What have we done?

The name is sexy, I like it.

Wow! Now that's going for it.
Gives you-all a couple months to put together a song list.
Covers? Any originals?
May I ask what your song list is like?

After your posts I can't help but wonder if I might want to gig again.

Hmmmmm Not ready for that.

All covers for this gig. Mostly your typical bar band stuff..Songs from 60s to today. A few examples, black horse and the cherry tree, down on the corner, rolling in the deep, home sweet home by Mötley Crue, brass in pocket, All summer long by kid rock, pontoon...you get the idea. These were all ones we played during my audition plus some others, We will start putting a full set list together when we meet next weekend.

I think I'm still in shock this is going to happen. I'm just going to approach it as simple as possible. Basic beats for everything with a fill thrown in when it feels right. You know...girls just want to have fun!

Oh my word - how amazingly fantastic is that??!

Squuueeeeeeee! Way to go Mary O! You're gonna have an absolute blast.

this just made my day

so glad you get to feel that feeling Mary......it's a good one

......and so it begins .....your new chapter

These are also my thoughts!

I'm fondly remembering my very first public venue... I kept being all "But we're not ready!", and frankly it wasn't until I played the first few notes of our opening song that I finally realized: "Hey, maybe this is going to be good!"... And it was!

Practice till you don't have to think about it, then have fun while you're up there! Shake some butts! Melt some faces! Explode some brains "Master Exploder" style!

YES!! That's KILLER!! So, so happy for you - it'll go great and you'll do terrific, I'm sure... Can't wait to hear about it! Where can I order a Lip Gloss band T-shirt??

Peace,
Mike

Oh my! First official (and even paying) gig booked with the newly revamped Lip Gloss band scheduled for June 22! Guess I've jumped into this with both feet...lol. Time to get to practicing!

Back