2010 Football World Cup-South Africa

Re: 2010 World Cup-South Africa

I don't think he will. He'll look dejected and disappointed losing to the Yanks, but not an ass. He's a big fan and that's cool.

Teams that I go for it:

South America: Brasil, Argentina.
Europe: Germany.
Africa: Cameroon, Ivory Coast.

Teams that I go for it:

South America: Brasil, Argentina.
Europe: Germany.
Africa: Cameroon, Ivory Coast.

No Socceroos?? Man, you know more Aussie slang than I do...thought we might get an honourable mention. Although, I doubt they have much hope Ian, so it's fair to save your breath for those with half a chance I guess. :)

I tell you something mate, the "Socceroos" have improved from time to time and with the coaching of the Dutch manager (can't remember his name), they can give hard times to any big team..... Aussies can give a good fight on the pitch!!! I am keeping an eye on the them!

Good on ya, mate.

No Socceroos?? Man, you know more Aussie slang than I do...thought we might get an honourable mention. Although, I doubt they have much hope Ian, so it's fair to save your breath for those with half a chance I guess. :)

Mate, there are no little teams until the last minute and last goal. It can be new surprises, on this World Cup!!!

Take care,

Nothing like pinning your colours to the mast :D

Guus Hiddink, that is his name - Pocket-full-of-gold.....If I am not wrong!

Cant wait for mexico - south africa. My drumming will suffer from this :(

Guus Hiddink, that is his name - Pocket-full-of-gold.....If I am not wrong!

Yep, that's him, Ian. Oz lost to the US ... I don't fancy our chances against the hotshot teams in our draw.

I don't mind ... I'm not a big sport watcher but I love the first round of the WC. The atmosphere is amazing and you get these fabulous, open games with acrobatic skills ... and the African teams are always a treat to watch (doubly so for women :)

Later on the competition it gets a bit boring for me because the games are so tense, closed-up and there's so much gamesmanship (ie. cheating).

I go for Australia - because Scott Chipperfield is member of our team for many years here in Basel, Switzerland (FC Basel)

I go also for Italy, because they are the best!

I go for Switzerland - my country

I go for Spain - best team by far, that's easy

I go for Argentina, want to see Lionel Messi in the Final

I go for Brasil: clear, that when Brasil participates you only have to puzzle, who is also in the final with them.

Over stepping the mark here rendezvous_drummer

I why are you so hit up on becoming Irish!!!

Because it's fashionable???

Where you are Born is what you are, becoming an Irish Citizen doesn't mean you are suddenly 'Irish'

If a Dog is born in a stable it doesn't make it a Horse now does it??

Plus you are only 'half Irish' I believe from an earlier post............beat you on that mate, both my Parents are Irish..............I was born in England, does that make me Irish.............err No............can I get an Irish Passport...........err YES

But I have a British Passport

I live in Australia, am I now an Aussie...............err No........

Paint it how you want, born in Canada your Canadian........No doubt your Birth was registered there.......
Agreed Spides. I hate all this nationalistic stuff that has a darker under current. Most typical of those that have travelled little and recant western news agency reporting as the only truth. I was born the product of prostitution, brought up in a docklands orphanage in my early years then finally adopted by the best parents anyone could wish for. I have no knowledge of the nationality/race of my birth parents and couldn't care less. Am I english?

South Africa: 1 / 1 :Mexico

Coming: Uruguay vs. France

Back