Joey Jordison - New ProMark models being released

PLEASE NOTE:
In my past few posts, I have only mocked his whole costume-get up-thing he does. I think it's just kinda silly.

gotta agree, the guy is a great drummer, he should let his music speak for itself.

as for the surprising switch to Promark - not surprising at all if you've played them - great sticks!

With that said, whatever happened to his deal with Ahead?

Eh? He signed a new deal with Pro Mark. Cut and Dry. Probably tried a few pair out, picked one he liked and then came up with a modification of that. At his artist level any stick company would be stupid not to make a signature stick for him.
When I worked for Calato I even tried to get him and the other drummers from the band to all switch to Regal Tip. I brought them a big box of sticks to all try out at a gig.
And as we can see, the other guys went with Vic Firth and Joey stuck it out with Ahead a few more years and now left for Pro Mark.

I have to agree, Pro-Marks to me are much more consistent and durable than their Vic Firth counterparts...
That being said, I just wish the beads on them were a tad bit smaller...

The official word was that he wanted to go back to wood sticks, and was a ProMark user - So ProMark set him up with the endorsement.

Cant say I blame him, given how bad aluminium sticks feel and how good ProMark are as a company!

He had played Pro-Mark sticks while recording Roadrunner United, so it's hardly a surprise.

It's interesting that he switched companies. What's even more interesting is that he's switched sizes. His signature ahead sticks had the same dimensions as an ahead 7a. And these ones are 5as. Interesting.

It's interesting that he switched companies. What's even more interesting is that he's switched sizes. His signature ahead sticks had the same dimensions as an ahead 7a. And these ones are 5as. Interesting.

The size thing kinda makes sense: I don't think wooden 7as would hold up to a lot of metal drumming.

People that slag off joey make me laugh, there are so many different styles of drumming out there and joey is the best if not then close to it at the genre he plays, the mask and image mean nothing, if you say the guy is crap you need your head looking at.. as for his sticks yes i have bought a pair they are ok but i prefer my 747's.

People that slag off joey make me laugh, there are so many different styles of drumming out there and joey is the best if not then close to it at the genre he plays, the mask and image mean nothing, if you say the guy is crap you need your head looking at

I think I can say that most people on here can agree that Joey is not a crap player and that he is a solid to great player when it comes to anything either rock are metal but

to say he is the best at, near the top of any genre is just wrong unless you mean like top 25 than I'm sure someone could make a compeling case for the little dude.

And before you say I'm hating on Joey I just want to let you know that I love Slipknot and Joey.

Back