Tama Imperialstars done right!

Lurking this forum endlessly made me realize just how much drummers like to boast about their own gear (in a good way) and admire that of others, and so, what the hell, here's some pics of my own kit.

100_43382.jpg

100_4342.jpg

100_4344.jpg

I've been playing this kit for little over a year, and after a very bad second-hand Westbury, this is my first "real" kit. Its a platinum gray Tama Imperialstar with Remo Pinstripe and Controlled Sound heads. I bought it with the Sabian B8Pro cymbal set, but after getting tired of the bronze, I've managed to get an AAX and HHX crash in there, as well as an HH China. That's a Gibraltar DBP, and Tama Tymps. As well, that splash in the center is a Zildjian. I wasn't going to mix and match, originally, but you can't say no to a birthday present... xD At one point I had it stacked with the smaller B8Pro splash, but bought that boom arm recently to utilize it better.

I'm planning to get the B8Pros all replaced slowly. And I'm really looking at buying a Mandala (v2) in the not-too-distant future, too.

But that's about it.

Thoughts, questions, recommendations?

Cheers!
Tom

Nice kit, I like the timbales :) Too bad the cymbals are so dusty... Is that snare also an imperialstar?

Great setup. I'm really digging how the toms are set up, I could feel really comfortable behind this kit. Philly is right clean those cymbals up! : )

Thank you :)

Haha, the timbales - I pretty much use them as an extension of the toms. I have it tuned so that the transition isn't too noticeable. I'd like to think they're my temporary octobans, haha. And yes, that is an imperial star snare too.

I need to go buy some cleaning supplies, then.

And yeah, its very comfortable to play. Its pretty low, the distances between drums are minimal and efficient, the angles are set for optimum rebound (unlike the rocket-booster toms some people play), and generally sort of cozy.

That Tama Tymps sound pretty good. I banged on a set over at Sam Ash last week. I was moaning over how I have too many percussion gadgets to mount easily on my kit. And I want more!

I don't even use them as gadgets, they're pretty much a part of the bulk of my kit.
(I was going to order an 8" tom, but the local music store has not gotten back to me on that..)

Back