Richie Hayward

Hey all!,has anyone any news on the condition of Richie Hayward? I'm aware of the benefit and but all the info on the net seems to be old.Love this guy,a super person when I met him a few years ago and his drumming speaks for itself.I know it's sorta an invasion but I'm really concerned about him,my wishes and prayers be with you Richie.

Last edited:
Me too; love his drumming (e.g. Time Loves A Hero.) Take care Richie, my thoughts and prayers continue into the new year. You have been a drumming inspiration for about 30 years!

GJS

I attended the benefit held for Richie in Thousand Oaks, CA a few months back. The turnout was great, sold out I think. There were so many performers that it went up till 2 AM I think. The last thing I saw was a group with Jimmy Vivino from the Conan show doing an all star band with Gregg Bissonette and Simon Phillips on double drums! It was great.
Jackson Brown also performed and so many others.

As long as we're on the subject of Richie, I love his playing on the 1st Robert Plant solo record "Pictures at Eleven". I think it's a Richie Hayward record a lot of people aren't aware of. Such tasty drumming.

I attended the benefit held for Richie in Thousand Oaks, CA a few months back. The turnout was great, sold out I think. There were so many performers that it went up till 2 AM I think. The last thing I saw was a group with Jimmy Vivino from the Conan show doing an all star band with Gregg Bissonette and Simon Phillips on double drums! It was great.
Jackson Brown also performed and so many others.

As long as we're on the subject of Richie, I love his playing on the 1st Robert Plant solo record "Pictures at Eleven". I think it's a Richie Hayward record a lot of people aren't aware of. Such tasty drumming.

Man...I wish I could have attended that one,sounds like it was great.
I saw Richie with the Feat at a Jazz festival about five years ago,they played in a very small intimate venue where you felt like you were on stage with them.Met all the guys after the show hanging outside the theater,very nice to chat with Richie about the show and drums in general.That was truly a highlight!
I really hope he is doing well in beautiful British Columbia.The scenery alone is medicine for the soul.

Late last night I was watching videos of Richie Hayward and Little Feat. One of the videos that I came upon was a tribute drum solo based on his Time Loves a Hero groove (one of my favorites!) Marco Minnemann does not get started until about 2:50 so either be patient or skip ahead - it is pretty cool in my mumble opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuSGaWFfvuE

GJS

p.s. Miss you Richie

Anyone know both what type of shell&size Richie Hayward's Robert Plant snare is/was&the size of his Pearl MLX red kick drum?,
Ta,
Ado.

Back