What's your other passion(s)?

I prefer eating BBQ over cooking it, but I know how to smoke me some meat. That's a great passion. I've done a lot of cooking in my day, and I enjoy it mainly because I enjoy good food and I'm in charge of the ingredients that go into it. I don't go to fancy restaurants very often, so if I want fancy restaurant quality food, I have to make it myself.

Besides all that, I like golf, weightlifting and home-brewing beer. If I can manage to keep a job this time, I can start doing these things again. I'm back to drumming regularly, so that's a good start.

- My wife and kids

- NFL Football

- Writing music, playing guitar (badly), programing virtual instruments.

- bike riding.

- DIY home repair

Drumming's dominating my life right now. But I am set to move city soon and to live with my fiance and our boy. I'm sure I'll still spend a lot of time drumming tho

Attachments

• Lou drums.jpg
    Lou drums.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,404
Good lookin' grub there brother!

I'm a Q' addict - I cook outside at least twice a week, even in the wintertime. It's theraputic for me after crazy work days.

Here's a couple shots for the collection:

VERY nice! I love how those ribs look, all caramelized. Those cheesy poppers look excellent.
I think we need to have Midnight bring some of his "home brew" over in exchange for some good eats!

Landscaping, specifically, water gardens.

These taken about 3 years ago when I finished the groundwork after renovating my house. Except for the machine driving for a few weeks, I did the lot myself. Took me 9 months. 12,000 tonnes of earth moved, 600 tonnes of boulders used for structure & waterfall. 160 trees planted. It's all maturing nicely now :)

Attachments

• waterfall.jpg
    waterfall.jpg
    789.4 KB · Views: 1,315
  • finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 1,333
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    830.9 KB · Views: 1,301
Aside of playing music. I also love blogging, surfing and writing.

I take it by your sig. you don't mind the odd roll in the hay either? Have your male enhancements set you in good stead for the event?

Me? Golf.....although I don't get out as much as I used to, I thoroughly enjoy it when I do. Only played my first game 7 or 8 years ago and have been barmy about it ever since. I'm bloody terrible but I just don't care. One of the most mentally challenging games I've played.........some semblance of ability would be nice though.

These taken about 3 years ago when I finished the groundwork after renovating my house. Except for the machine driving for a few weeks, I did the lot myself. Took me 9 months. 12,000 tonnes of earth moved, 600 tonnes of boulders used for structure & waterfall. 160 trees planted. It's all maturing nicely now :)

Wowzzer.... Just beautiful Andy! That's an incredible looking lot you have there... I could only dream of having such a place. Just amazing! I do a ton of home improvement stuff as well but nothing to the extent you had going on here.. Much to be proud of.

Wowzzer.... Just beautiful Andy! That's an incredible looking lot you have there... I could only dream of having such a place. Just amazing! I do a ton of home improvement stuff as well but nothing to the extent you had going on here.. Much to be proud of.
Thank you! If only I put as many hours into my drumming as I do with a shovel eh!

Like drumkat, a Father of two people who ALREADY grab sticks and are under five!

I like to read, play saxophone, shoot big revolvers.

I enjoy piecing together analog synthesis.

I also am a "gearhead," and am going to school to repair and get paid.

Slick work, MAD!

Thanks Polly :) ... err, do ya wanna come to my place girl?? ... I'll show ya my CD's covers collection... ;-))

It's absolutely gorgeous Andy, I love that water garden, did you designed it? very impressive, I also love the sculpture on the tree trunk, do you have a whole pic of it? you're a man of many talents Mr keep it simple :)

Chess. I've been playing chess since I was a kid when my dad taught me the game.

I use to love chess years ago, I don't play that much nowadays, but your post reminded me to have a go again, thanks Larry :)

I love that water garden, did you designed it?
designed it, built it (I'm the idiot crouched down on the waterfall rocks). Actually, building a waterfall from 2 tonne boulders is quite a task. pictures of the dragon carving are currently on another computer, but I'll see if I can find one.

BTW Henri, I just checked down the thread, & your CD covers are sensationally good :)

I think my other passions are overtaking drumming at the moment...actually, they ARE taking over...

I love photography, I hope to make some kind of career out of it. Also piano...I hope to perhaps teach when I get all of my grades. Plus swimming...I just started again to get fit! 30 lengths in 30 minutes isn't bad considering I've had a few years off from it! :-D

Just need to bring drumming back into the fray and I'm sorted!

Science! I'm a major science geek, and I will watch just about any science-related documentary I come across. I have a special fondness for astronomy, but I'll read and watch just about anything. Geology, astronomy, history, biology... Can't get enough :)

Since I don't work in any scientific field, I don't have much practical application for the knowledge and facts I accumulate, expect that people generally don't like playing against me in Trivial Pursuit :)

designed it, built it (I'm the idiot crouched down on the waterfall rocks). Actually, building a waterfall from 2 tonne boulders is quite a task. pictures of the dragon carving are currently on another computer, but I'll see if I can find one.

Cool Andy, you were really inspired, I like the way the water vanished into the ground, very original :)

Oh, it's a dragon :) I knew it was some kind of an hybrid creature, but I wasn't sure, Did you carved it???

I'd love to see a full pic of it :))

BTW Henri, I just checked down the thread, & your CD covers are sensationally good :)

Thanks Andy, really appreciated :)) ...err, I won't ask ya if you wanna see my collection, eh? ... ya know, you being a bloke... ;-))

Thanks Polly :) ... err, do ya wanna come to my place girl?? ... I'll show ya my CD's covers collection... ;-))

Sorry Henri, I never look at CD covers with married men!

Science! I'm a major science geek, and I will watch just about any science-related documentary I come across. I have a special fondness for astronomy, but I'll read and watch just about anything. Geology, astronomy, history, biology... Can't get enough :)

I relate, though I'm only a minor science geek.

As a cartoonist, science is a great topic. I LOVE Gary Larson's The Far Side ... in cartooning he's my Steve Jordan and Bernard Purdie.

anim_the-selfish-gene.jpg

anim_moth-crash-helmets.jpg

cars. I have a 99 Camaro SS vert and a 98 Corvette. Neither are stock. I enjoy engine building and mechanic work.

I also love guns. Im not a collector. I just like to shoot a lot. AR15s and handguns.

Grillin', BBQ and cooking in general.

Behold! dbl stuffed pork chops, 2" thick Top and Jalapeno poppers the size of small burritos.

Wow! Your passion is BBQ'ing and funny thing is mine is eating BBQ! We should get together and let our hobbies meet each other! I think it will be a match made in heaven!

Seriously though, my other passion is playing pool. I'm actually a better pool player than I am a drummer. Which is not really saying much! lol.

Good lookin' grub there brother!

I'm a Q' addict - I cook outside at least twice a week, even in the wintertime. It's theraputic for me after crazy work days.

Here's a couple shots for the collection:

Ground Pounder, I'd like to volunteer to be the taste judge in a BBQ battle between you and Nodiggie! Of course there will only be one winner and one loser and unfortunately they will both be the same person...ME! I'll win because of the wonderful food and company, but I will lose due to the incredible amount of weight I will gain!! In fact I just gained weight looking at the pictures you both put up on this thread! Dang it! Where did my metabolism go?!!

My priorities are being a great dad for my 2 daughters, and being a great husband to my lovely wife. After that...

Music related:
- Bass
- Guitar
- Recording
- Vinyl records

Non-music realted:
- Cycling
- Running (a new habit)
- Cooking
- Wine
- Beer
- Bourbon