Best Double Bass Drum Pedal

I have played and owned IC's, DW9000, Axis L2, and I currently use a Trick Pro 1 V double pedal.

For the money, DW9000s are by far the best value. They are ridgid, fast, and have plenty of adjustments for different feels.

Axis pedals are great if you are looking the Longboard route. I found that when I had the Axis set up they worked best as two single pedals on a double kick set up. I used Danmar wood beaters instead of the one's Axis provided. The Axis pedal didn't really make my bass technique any better or worse. I obviously had to get a feel for the difference of the pedal.

Trick pedals are overrated. I'm glad I only paid $550 on for the one's I currently have. I'm a gear junkie, and I got sucked into the hype. They look good and the pedals are large, but the price is what kills the overall value.

After trying quite a few pedals over the years, the only thing that's made my bass technique better and faster is practice.

I don't own it but tried it out, the Tama Speed Cobra I think is one of the top pedals to date. I've had owned DW, Axis, and Iron Cobra. I'm currently using a Pearl Eliminator.

The Tama Speed Cobra speaks for itself try it out!

not a fan of a double kick pedal, im more of a 2 bass drum kinda person, but the TAMA speed cobra or iron cobra i think is the way to go, they are pricey but the do the job very well.

I have played and owned IC's, DW9000, Axis L2, and I currently use a Trick Pro 1 V double pedal.

For the money, DW9000s are by far the best value. They are ridgid, fast, and have plenty of adjustments for different feels.

Axis pedals are great if you are looking the Longboard route. I found that when I had the Axis set up they worked best as two single pedals on a double kick set up. I used Danmar wood beaters instead of the one's Axis provided. The Axis pedal didn't really make my bass technique any better or worse. I obviously had to get a feel for the difference of the pedal.

Trick pedals are overrated. I'm glad I only paid $550 on for the one's I currently have. I'm a gear junkie, and I got sucked into the hype. They look good and the pedals are large, but the price is what kills the overall value.

After trying quite a few pedals over the years, the only thing that's made my bass technique better and faster is practice.

Trick are expensive for a reason, quality and innovation. A solid pedal that can feel like any other competitors pedal. This is the only pedal with limitless adjustment on the market and ease of adjusting where u want it. Also the compression spring owns expansion springs anyday. If ur gonna cheap out jus play an iron cobra pg.

Over the last 15 years I used (and owned) a lot of pedals: Axis, DW 5000, Tama Iron Cobra, Sonor Giant Pedal, Yamaha (don´t remember the numbers). I felt fantastic with the most of these pedals but since december ´10 im playing the tama speed cobra double pedal. This is one hell of a bd pedal. The fastest ever (around 10% faster while playing to a click than before). Its so smooth and responsive. But be careful with your bd head. The bd beater in the default position kills your head. After the first week of playing with the speed cobra I killed my first bd head in years. Just turn the beater to the flat position, this is much more drum head friendly. :)

Test it before you buy another bd pedal.

Hi:

What recommendations do you have for Double Bass Drum Pedals. Which is the best - and why?

Looking at a whole bunch right now and I need your help.

Has anyone tried the Duallist? Or the Off Center one?

Thanks for the help.

Drummerd99

IMO The Dualist looks like a joke to me, something almost gimicky..the off-center pedals are great in design.

What this decision is going to come down to, is YOU taking the plunge and going to a physical location, such as a store and trying out as many pedals as you can find..

For instance, I've got a set of Chain Pearl Eliminators...I love them, right out of the box they were better than any I had been on, and now, after all my fine tuning; they fit ME exactly.

The next guy will post that Tama's IC is the cat's meow, whereas I don't like them whatsoever.

It's all going to come down to how YOU and YOUR legs feel.

Good luck(all the big name pedals are more than adequate, be it Pearl, Yamaha, Gibralter, DW, etc)

Hi guys ..
I need a double pedal ...
And my budget for this work is about $ 160 ...
What is your suggestion?

What factors to select double pedal should be considered?

IMO The Dualist looks like a joke to me, something almost gimicky..the off-center pedals are great in design.

What this decision is going to come down to, is YOU taking the plunge and going to a physical location, such as a store and trying out as many pedals as you can find..

For instance, I've got a set of Chain Pearl Eliminators...I love them, right out of the box they were better than any I had been on, and now, after all my fine tuning; they fit ME exactly.

The next guy will post that Tama's IC is the cat's meow, whereas I don't like them whatsoever.

It's all going to come down to how YOU and YOUR legs feel.

Good luck(all the big name pedals are more than adequate, be it Pearl, Yamaha, Gibralter, DW, etc)

Yo guys! A big hello from Sweden!

This is the first post here since years of surfing around as a "guest" , and I decided to write down some of my own experiences and such, and I cannot agree more with the guy I quoted above. It`s all about you and your feet!
Make sure to test all pedals that`s out there in your pricerange. Each and one of those pedals that`s available will be more or less closer to express your goal as a musician! It`s all about whats your way of tapping your foot.

I could talk forever witch pedal that "I" prefer but then again, to each "his/her" own.

Let your feet fly with beats that YOU decide on the one pedal that YOU decided you liked the most. Do not listen to gimmicks. There`s plenty of them out there just in marketingpurposes.

Last edited:
I agree with what's been said above...you have to get out and try different pedals to see what feels best to you. I use a DW9000 and have been very happy with it. It is adjustable in multiple ways so that you can position it so it is comfortable for you.

I bought a brand new DW-2000 double pedal. Only cost $160 brand new and it's just as good as any double pedal I've ever played in the $300-$400 range.

I've owned two Off set peds...the linkage on the drive shafts eventually became so loose that I sent them back...two times...none of the replacements ever kept their tightness...I eventually just threw them in a closet...I still have them...

but use the TRICK PRO 1V Big foots and Dominators...superior in every way..I use a weight sleeve on the beater....their drive shaft is tight tight tight...and has stayed that way for years...I've also gotten so used to them that I wouldn't play anything else...

I've played I.C./ DW's /Sonor's/Rogers swiv o matic (With the Black Jack Beater)/ Ludwigs...and early Camco's...TRICK does it for me cuz I hung in there and found the perfect setting for me...fast.

2Cents expired.

I have a Speed Cobra. My yamahas feel better to me. I am trying to get rid of it right now, maybe I can find somebody that wants to trade for dw9000 or a regular IC

I am US authorized dealer for a year now & sold a handful of pedals & Sleishman Drums.
I have some stock so call me on 323 652-2544 and make an offer. Any reasonable offer ?

TAMA Iron Cobra Power Glide - by far the best I have ever played.

Second would be the Mapex Falcon.
Only used one once and it was in a shop, out of the box so wasn't set up for me but it was pretty damn smooth!

Hey what do you guys think of the pearl eliminator double pedal?

I use the Pearl Eliminator Powershifter pedals. They are awesome. Different cams for speed and smoothness. Adjustable foot boards... Just awesome. They are the best pedal Ive ever played, but to be honest, I haven't played any others - Apart from DDrums DXP pedal - now that is crap.

I have a Yamaha Direct drive double that's fairly smooth. It's from the series after the Flying Dragon models. 9410 I believe. It's very good for playing doubles with one foot, but it takes quite a bit of tweaking to set up the slave. once you do, You'll love it. I've had it for a about 2 years now with no major issues. I'd recommend buying a set of DW two-way beaters for it. The Yamaha felts are too flimsy. You really should go to a store with about $400-$500 in your pocket. that covers every major brand's price range. (Except Axis or Trick) and try out a lot of different pedals, Only you know what your preference is.

P.S. I totally agree with the above post about the Ludwig Speed King

I use a DW double bass drum 5000. Its sweet. Recently though, I took it apart and put half of it on my second bass drum so that I got two pedals out of it. Its a great pedal.

Back