Finally have a great drum room

nicotine25

Hey guys....

So my wife and I purchased a new home. When we were looking, the one condition that I had was that I wanted to find a house with an extra room that I could use as a music room/studio. I desperately wanted to get my drums out of the garage. Well we found the perfect house and it has this awesome downstairs study. I had to do a little bit of convincing to my wife but it all worked out. I made her a deal that she would let me keep my drums in there except for Christmas time (she wants to put the tree in the bay window.) It works great so far...its a little lively so I need some decorative wall treatments. It is in no way what so ever sound proof but that is ok because 3 of my neighbors are musicians (both nextdoor neighbors and across the street..) ...which is freaking awesome because one plays piano, one plays bass and the other guitar....we have already jammed out a few times. anyway I just thought I'd share so pics of my new excitement.

Attachments

• Drum Studio 1.jpg
    Drum Studio 1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 588
  • Drum Studio 2.jpg
    Drum Studio 2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,292
  • Drum Studio 3.jpg
    Drum Studio 3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 599
  • Drum Studio 7.jpg
    Drum Studio 7.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 584
  • Drum Studio 4.jpg
    Drum Studio 4.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 604
  • Drum Studio 9.jpg
    Drum Studio 9.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 585
It looks like a great place to practice.
Nice kit too!
There is nothing better than having a nice place to play.
Best wishes to you and your new home.

Thanks...its been a real blessing. It is our dream home and will be a prefect place for our kids to grow up!

Sounds like an "almost" perfect situation. Perfect would be the drums stay up year round. Very cool that you have neighbors that play piano, bass and guitar.

@ Harry...the neighbor thing is awesome...I am the youngest one, but we all have the same taste in music....good rock, blues, funk. Its funny because they have all lived there for years and are good friends and they had been talking about hoping a drummer would move in when the house went up for sale. The weekend we moved in they all came over to introduce themselves and they were like "um...you wouldn't happen to play the drums...would you?"...I said..."well as a matter of fact..." They are all pretty good too especially my neighbor that plays piano...he is a beast. That neighbor has a son in college that plays the drums and bass also, so once thanksgiving comes around and he is home from school, we will really have the neighborhood band thing going down. Its the next best thing to "livin the dream"

....they have all lived there for years and are good friends and they had been talking about hoping a drummer would move in when the house went up for sale. The weekend we moved in they all came over to introduce themselves and they were like "um...you wouldn't happen to play the drums...would you?"...I said..."well as a matter of fact..."
Very cool .... they "put out" that positive energy ... and you somehow caught it. Very cool, indeed.

Congratulations! Nice compromise too. Give and take helps to smooth out the bumps in a marriage.

I am also in the process of looking for a new place with an extra room for my drums. Now, if I can be so lucky to have neighbours as musicians!

Take care

GJS

Hey Nicotine25- nice looking room. Looks like it is the perfect place for positive musical energy.

What is the finish on the kit? It looks very nice indeed. I couldnt work out from the pictures what it is

nice.

wish my neighbors weren't jerks so i could have a room in my house too. i get the cops called if the tv is too loud....

Back