Which pro set gives most bang for the buck?

Cameo

Gold Member
Hi,
as the title says! I want to know which pro drum set is the most price worthy out there. What I like are technical and innovative designs (like Yamaha lugs and so), exotic wood and other cool stuff. So, hit me!

I'd say for the price, probably gretsch renown. Pearl is on the opposite end of the spectrum. I'd consider the pearl masters and reference to be just as good as a gretsch renown, but way more expensive.
I'm not as up to date as I used to be but thats my 2 cents

premier

great value for what you pay.

My research on the same subject took me to the Mapex Saturn that I currently own- bang for buck you'll struggle to better it, particularly if you take up some of the special offers that are around.

Gretsch New Classic

affordable and some of the best sounding drums on the planet

The DW Performance Series is a pro kit at a softer price point than some of the other pro offerings out there. I can't say it has the most bang for the buck (still not the cheapest pro kit out there), however worthy of a look.

IMG_2903.jpg

I'd say for the price, probably gretsch renown. Pearl is on the opposite end of the spectrum. I'd consider the pearl masters and reference to be just as good as a gretsch renown, but way more expensive.
I'm not as up to date as I used to be but thats my 2 cents

I already own a Renown in the Jazz configuration. I plan to keep them, but I'd like to step up with a new kit in different sizes. Planning on getting 20", 10" 16" at first and then order new drums 'til I have a huge ass kit some day... lol.

My Spaun maple shell set that I'm selling over the next few weeks. Incredible value ;) (& the 10" tom is signed inside by Simon Phillips, Jojo Meyer, & Carmine Appice)

OH! Tell me more! :D

I would say Pearl Masters MCX. A few years ago I got an MCX with snare in Mappa Burl REAL veneer for 1400. All the MCX sound so nice. Deals can be had all over the place now.
The new sessions kits should be great sounding as well.

I think used pro Pearl kits are the best bang for the buck. Check ebay and Guitar Center used. You can routinely find Session and Masters full birch/maple kits in the $700 range. That's what I paid for my Session Custom Maples (10/12/14/16/22 including Protection Racket Cases)

10152011268.jpg

10152011270.jpg

Hi,
as the title says! I want to know which pro drum set is the most price worthy out there. What I like are technical and innovative designs (like Yamaha lugs and so), exotic wood and other cool stuff. So, hit me!

Gretsch USA Customs. Few other drums have increased as much in value over time. Care to guess what a 1960 Round Badge goes for today compared to its original price? This is another way to look at "price worthy"; the USA Custom, with its long history, is tomorrow's heirloom.

GJS

I highly recommend Ludwig Classic Maples. The most bang for your buck...and an absolutely timeless classic design!!!

Gretsch USA Customs. Few other drums have increased as much in value over time. Care to guess what a 1960 Round Badge goes for today compared to its original price? This is another way to look at "price worthy"; the USA Custom, with its long history, is tomorrow's heirloom.

GJS

That's what I'm thinking about, but I'm not really that excited about five lug toms and none exotic wood - prove me wrong! ;)

I had a play on a Yamaha oak custom a few weeks ago, i fell in love with it, the prices arent too sad either.

I have my eye on one at the minute :)

Back