Moongel leaves blue marks??

ddrum_daz

I just got my Evans ST Dry head in the post today. I put it on and tuned it, then put my moongel on it and practiced for a bit. I take a break for about half an hour and i come back and i find 2 faint blue marks where i had put my 2 pieces of moongel.
It's not a big issue, I'm just wondering why this happens, as it didn't leave any marks when i had the stock remo head. This happened with my coated stock ddrum heads aswell. I was thinking it might be because i leave the moongels on the head?

I have never had that happen on any of my heads. That's weird.
It shouldn't, it's just gel that's tinted Blue. The material itself is Blue, it's not applied to it...weird.

Try washing them first maybe? I used them a little while ago and found that they leave blue marks - I wasn't to fussed about it, but still, I read reviews that they don't leave blue stains.

Happens to mine too. Not a big deal, doesn't do anything to the sound.

You could try the Remo or Evans rings. It may be a little more dampening than you want but they will leave no marks on your heads.

mine leave grease typed marks. i put them on my remo black suedes and they stained a little spot. but i put them over the remo logo anyways. it happens on my uncoated heads too. i think its part of production of the gel. to keep it from drying out they have to oil it or something and it stains. thats just a guess though.

i havent seen a blue stain though, even on my old white coated heads.

Back