Question about Tambourine

jmm591

Hi guys,
I can't remember what drummer or where I saw this but this one drummer had his tambourine mounted on his floor tom so it jingled as he played the floor tom. Does anyone have this? What kind of mount would I need to buy?

Thanks

Percussionists and annoying singers try to play thoughs things, drummers play drums. They're the next most annoying hand held noise makers next to the dreaded cow bell. In the hands of 99 out of 100 singers those things are Torture!!!! Their banned on my band stand for the last 40 years, they should only be in the hands of pro percussionists. Doc

...........hahahahaha! I hate those things............

Okay thanks for your opinion on tambourines, does anyone know the best way to mount one?
I think they sound good with certain styles of music.

The LP Claw can be used to mount a tambourine on anything with a rim. But you'll need a tambourine that can be mounted. I have a RhythmTech tambourine that is shaped like a crescent moon and where the handle would normally be, it has a mount there so you can stick it on things such as the Claw. I also have some old Danmar mounts that you can clamp to a cymbal stand with a vertical rod that can also hold this tambourine, and cowbells as well. Very handy for putting percussive things all over the kit.

But I saw a guy who actually just put a regular tambourine on his floor tom - the simplest approach - and removed it when he didn't need it.

The LP Claw can be used to mount a tambourine on anything with a rim. But you'll need a tambourine that can be mounted. I have a RhythmTech tambourine that is shaped like a crescent moon and where the handle would normally be, it has a mount there so you can stick it on things such as the Claw. I also have some old Danmar mounts that you can clamp to a cymbal stand with a vertical rod that can also hold this tambourine, and cowbells as well. Very handy for putting percussive things all over the kit.

But I saw a guy who actually just put a regular tambourine on his floor tom - the simplest approach - and removed it when he didn't need it.

I have long liked to have one mounted to a foot bracket.

I've got this mounted on my bass drum, like so:

drumset.jpg

It's a lot of fun, you hear it just a bit when I hit the kick drum, and since I play punk music it makes it sound a little "trashy" without sounding like total garbage, ya dig? It's also a hoot to use it like a hi-hat, with the kick drum on the off-beat, to make some complicated patterns. I was a little skeptical at first, but now I can't imagine my little kit without it.

I have a very heavy tambourine (Egyptian Muzar) which is too heavy for a Gajate. I went with a DW 9909 Bass Drum Riser solution
that is rock solid (if not overkill) and a Vater Vintage Bomber beater (long shaft).

GJS

Attachments

• Drumskull Conga Birds Eye 30%.jpg
    Drumskull Conga Birds Eye 30%.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 349
  • Muzar on DW 9909 Bass Drum Riser.jpg
    Muzar on DW 9909 Bass Drum Riser.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 390
Back