Trick Throw Off Screws

chocorion

Ok...I am completing a segment shell snare...I ordered a trick throw off, but unfortunately, the screws are too short...I think they are made for a 5/16 inch shell, mine is 7/16. I'm not sure if Trick screws are proprietary. How am I to find screws that are longer? Should I order them from Trick? Go to Ace Hardware or Home Depot? Any advice/replies are much appreciated.

Buy a segment shell snare, do you mean a stave shell? Like a unix model pictured here?

I would take the screw, and match it up for style and thread count and size at a hardware store. If you are not totally sure how to do it, ask for help at the hardware store. Someone will be more than glad to help ya...

Nope, It's segmented like bricks on a house.I tried making some kind of diagram...didn't work.
Go to www.stanbridgedrums.com and look at any of those on there

Last edited:
Looks like a cool drum! You should post a picture of your drum when you get the trick throw off installed!

For sure man.....I just don't have a digital camera unfortunately, I'm planning on getting one soon so I'll put up some pictures of my kit/snare when the time comes. But the shell is a 14 x 5 3/4 African Bubinga shell. All the hardware is black...hoops, t-rods, lugs, strainer, grommets...everything...It'll be pimpin. And thanks again for the advice.

Back