Finally bought a new set!

jkosh1

Years of maintaining old equipment are over! Finally able to do this!

Happy drumming all!!

Attachments

• DSCN0968_50p.jpg
    DSCN0968_50p.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 1,137
Nice, The Gretsch Renown kits sound really good. That is a nice looking kit and the Pork Pie Patina snare is gorgeous! I wish I never sold mine and am thinking of getting another!

Nice, The Gretsch Renown kits sound really good. That is a nice looking kit and the Pork Pie Patina snare is gorgeous! I wish I never sold mine and am thinking of getting another!

Thanks much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice looking kit. Good choice, Renown's are great drums.

I would put the Gretsch Renowns up to just about any other drums in their price range. I have basically the same compliment of drums in about the same configuration. They work out very well and I enjoy playing three across the top. When I bought mine, I replaced the resonant heads on the toms to a heavier, Evans G1 clear head for a beefier and more low frequency sound.

DSC_0042.jpg

Have fun with them.

Dennis

Code:
I actually rather meant the fact that you seem to have setup a bunch of rides only.
Like this:

the cymbal all the way to his left is a crash.....and often times the cymbal in the middle of the cluster of 3 on his right is a crash......but not always ......so not only rides

You mean on Keith's setup, right? Yes, fair enough. With that being said, Keith usually rides
and crashes all his cymbals anyway :).

a cymbal is a cymbal is a cymbal to me

I have never been much for calling one a ride and one a crash........a cymbal either sounds good or it doesn't

no need to categorize it for specific use in my opinion

I know Keith feels the same

Last edited:
I would put the Gretsch Renowns up to just about any other drums in their price range. I have basically the same compliment of drums in about the same configuration. They work out very well and I enjoy playing three across the top. When I bought mine, I replaced the resonant heads on the toms to a heavier, Evans G1 clear head for a beefier and more low frequency sound.

DSC_0042.jpg

Have fun with them.

Dennis
Nice setup! I've been using coated heads the for last 10 years, getting used to the clear has been interesting as well.

Congrats, may they bring you a lifetime of musical happiness!

Back