My yamaha recording customs

that kit is awsome, i really like green kits! i'm also pretty sure its TenPastTen's kits daddy LOL! nice kit, she could use a little tlc though ;-)

THAT is a drummer's kit.
I love the Recording Customs. Those thick shells just sing.
AND you have the deep-ass Noble Cooley snare. You can't get any better for a studio kit.
You have excellent taste, my friend.

Sweet double kick yammies. RCs are just so tasty. At one point in my life I would like to own a set of these. Lookin so good.

i am glad you guys like my kit. I just started palying agian after 8 years (wife and kids) yes i have cleaned and detailed every thing. even got new heads. I have been playing 2 to 4 hours a day. got laid off. once i get my chops back in shape and some sort of my groove back i will post some stuff of me playing. It feels great to be back playing drums again. my mind is still sharp but my limbs will not keep up. I just need to practice and be patiant. it will come back.

Those are really quality drums, and great cymbals too. A kit like that is a keeper.

It's just a shame you're muffling those beautiful bass drums like that. With half a bed in each of them, it just can't go anything other than "Plop" when you hit it. Have you tried tuning and experimenting with heads?

yes unfortunatly i have to do that or my family would start to bitch its to loud. believe me with all that crap out of the bass drums they just sound so deep and full. but you compromise to keep every one happy..

I LOOOOVE that era of Yamaha kits and hardware!
Kinda reminds me of Prarrie Prince's kit with The Tubes a little...only green, not purple....

They were ahead of the pack with that hardware system, it all worked really great (it looks cooler than the new stuff too IMO).

You could drop that stuff off a 2 story roof and it might get scuffed.

Continue having fun with that kit!

Thanks for all of your comments. I been laid off from my job. the good thing is that i have been ablr to practice 4 to 8 hours a day. I am starting to get my chops back. my groove is a bit unsteady but thats what a click is for. i will post a clip of some of my playing once i get more confidence.

Back