Do you wear a hat during shows?

SgtThump

Platinum Member
I always think it's cool when the drummer has a hat, so I'm thinking about finding the "right" one for me. Yes, this thread is shallow. :)

Do you guys wear hats and have pics? Do you like a pro that wears a cool hat?

All things hats and drummers... ha ha

Chris

always been a hat guy
just love hats ....all kinds
I don't wear them for gigs for any other reason than thats what I happened to be wearing that day .

gretsch.jpg

starland.jpg

Yes I do. I love hats. Most of the time I do the Chad Smith (cap on backwards), sometimes a Pork Pie.

Last Halloween, I did the "Il Duce"

picture.php

I like wigs too. ;-)

picture.php

I don't do them.....hats don't work with me for some reason, but hats are cool on some people, on other people it looks like they're trying too hard to look cool. They make me too hot for one thing and I don't need anything increasing my temperature. I think you should run your hat choices by us before attempting to use one live.

Last time I wore a hat on a gig it was thrown at me from the crowd. Which was an excellent thing, because it was an outdoor daytime gig in mid summer, and I was roasting me sac off while getting a sunburn on my scalp.

I love a nice, shallow thread. Yes, I occasionally wear one.

Attachments

• img_8601R.jpg
    img_8601R.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 611
I always wear a hat when playing outdoors. I sometimes wear a hat indoors, but it can't interfere with the headset microphone I wear to sing.

...I think you should run your hat choices by us before attempting to use one live.

Ha ha ha! I may have to do that. :)

And thank you all for having fun with this! I am "kinda" serious, meaning that I really am looking for a hat that works with me. But yeah...

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK judging from your avi, what I suggest is a little something that the old barnstormer flyboys used to wear. You know the form fitting leather thing with the droopy sides and the goggles? Michael Jackson wore one in his "Leave Me Alone" video when he was in the airplane.

My hair puts on as much of a show as the average hat ... which is just as well because hats look diabolical on me.

Ha ha Grea, I mean Gretchen. The chicks dig my hair too lol.

i love hats. For a gig i only wear one when I am between haircuts. i have straight hair and if i sweat and my gel goes away, my head gets fluffy. i do have a green derby i wear for our anual st pats day gig. if they were in style i would wear one every day!!

Quick update for those unable to sleep at night worrying about my hat situation...

I found a hat. My girlfriend said it's perfect and an old lady customer in the store where I bought it said it looked great when I was trying it on. ha ha

No pics, but I'll post back when I wear it during a gig. It may be a little while...

OK judging from your avi, what I suggest is a little something that the old barnstormer flyboys used to wear. You know the form fitting leather thing with the droopy sides and the goggles? Michael Jackson wore one in his "Leave Me Alone" video when he was in the airplane.

Ha ha! Looks like I'm flying an old plane, huh? LOL I didn't think of that.

Back