Posting Pictures

Zickosdrummer

I am fairly new to this forum and I really like it. It's very enlightening and I find myself spending entirely too much time here. However, I am having trouble posting pictures. What is the procedure to do so? I have tried going through photobucket but I think it posts pictures with links to my entire photo album. Am I mistaken or have I missed something? How do you guys and gals do it?

Computer Challanged :-(

When posting, click the attachment button, and attach your image file.

This is what I've been trying to do. It sounds so easy but nnot to a computer novice. I've tried copying a picture and clicking the insert image button to paist it in. I usually have to enable temporary posting. When I go to paist it in, the paiste function is not enabled. If I try to go through Photobucket, I can click on the img thumbnail and copy. But when it comes to inserting the image, the only thing that shows up in the post is a picture shows up surrounded by

This is what I've been trying to do. It sounds so easy but nnot to a computer novice. I've tried copying a picture and clicking the insert image button to paist it in. I usually have to enable temporary posting. When I go to paist it in, the paiste function is not enabled. If I try to go through Photobucket, I can click on the img thumbnail and copy. But when it comes to inserting the image, the only thing that shows up in the post is a picture shows up surrounded by [IMG], but it gives access to my total photobucket account. I have nothing to hide here but I don't think the members of the Drummerworld web site what to see my family, sports car, etc. How would you suggest I post pictures (in detail, please)?[/QUOTE]

This is easy if you know how. Simply go to the site or wherever and right click on the image and save it to your desktop. Then, when creating a post, click on the attachments button, click on one of the browse buttons, click on the desktop folder, and scroll down until you find the image. Then click on it and open and then you should have the picture attached to the post.

Reply if you can figure it out.

OK. I was using the wrong icon on the tool bar (insert image instead of attachment) to put on pictures. However, now it's telling me that the image is too big. How do I downsize the image? Pardon me for being so dumb.

I choose pictures from my iphoto albums and I resize them to fit the forum restrictions. I upload using the attach feature.
None of my photos ever fit unless I do this.
I resize them from the file/export menu in iPhoto.
I export them to my desktop in the smaller size before I attach them.

Last edited:
Back