Roger Biwandu here...

thanks roger. that's a great list. i agree with some of them and want to go and buy them. others i already have. who was drumming on stings album (no4)? was it vinnie?
if so i love the work vinnie did in ten summers tale.
j

Yes, Vinnie Colaiuta played on "Ten Summoner's Tales". Omar Hakim played on both "Dreaming of the Blue Turtles" (sting's first solo) album & "Bring on the Night" album/video. Manu Katche played on a lot of Sting's solo work as well.

Roger, welcome to Drummerworld! This is a great place to be!

Roger, welcome to Drummerworld! This is a great place to be!

Thanks for your welcome message cjl, I know that Drummerworld is a great place to be, that's why I'm here Man :) , thanks again.

Hello Drummerchick,

Your french is PERFECT !!!

Thanks for wishing me a welcome to Drummerworld.

Have fun and see you around.

PS : "anyway" in french is "peu importe" or "bref"

Salut. Merci, J'ai besoin de practice ma francais parce que J'ai un grand francais examen! il y a un possiblite que J'allez aux France en le future...mais pas tres bientot.

Literal Translation:
Hi! Thanks, I have need of practicing my french because I have a big french exam! There is a possibility that I will come to France in the future but not too soon.

Sure that the best way to be better in french is to come here, and you are good already so it will be not too difficult for you.

Have fun.

Salut. Merci, J'ai besoin de practice ma francais parce que J'ai un grand francais examen! il y a un possiblite que J'allez aux France en le future...mais pas tres bientot.

Literal Translation:
Hi! Thanks, I have need of practicing my french because I have a big french exam! There is a possibility that I will come to France in the future but not too soon.

Old buddy!! Whats uupp!! I am in Koln germany! Where are you?? Maybe i can go visit you?? i have a couple of days off...and a car:-O!!! hahaha

Lets hang one day! I am here for one more week!
PM

Hey Phil Bro' !!!

Thanks for your message.

I'm leaving France tomorrow, going to the USA...
Unlucky we are !!!

GREAT video from Frankfurt, nice Man.

Take care Bro' and have fun !!!

Rodge.
PS : Hardy Fischoetter, a good friend of mine and AWESOME drummer is from Koln, you should try to contact him, he's a sweet cat and REALLY an amazing drummer. http://www.myspace.com/dadrummerhardy

Old buddy!! Whats uupp!! I am in Koln germany! Where are you?? Maybe i can go visit you?? i have a couple of days off...and a car:-O!!! hahaha

Lets hang one day! I am here for one more week!
PM

Hi Roger,

Great videos...Great music!

I envy you for your ability to perform with such talented musicians. I also envy your clean, speedy left hand! :)

I particularly enjoyed the Un Jour Ailleurs video. Great 3/4 groove.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Hey Phil Bro' !!!

Thanks for your message.

I'm leaving France tomorrow, going to the USA...
Unlucky we are !!!

GREAT video from Frankfurt, nice Man.

Take care Bro' and have fun !!!

Rodge.
PS : Hardy Fischoetter, a good friend of mine and AWESOME drummer is from Koln, you should try to contact him, he's a sweet cat and REALLY an amazing drummer. http://www.myspace.com/dadrummerhardy

What a drag bro!!! We keep missing each other! Cant believe it.
Heeeeyy thank you for the nice words man. Coming from you....i will take that compliment with much gratitude:)

Sure I know Hardy. i was just talking about him with another real good jazz drummer out here. Hendrik Schmok?? I cant spell his last name , but thats what it sounds like. ...you know him? Not too many jazz drummers out here. He is a good one!

Where will you be in the US? NY??
P

Hey Rockinrider,

Man, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your great compliments on my drumming, thanks !!!
You know, my left hand doesn't do what I would like, I hear things, but my technical is very limited, but thanks Man.

Take care and see you around.

Roger.
PS : left hand, see Vinnie, "Tain" and Buddy Rich for exemple, that's the real deal !!! :)

Hi Roger,

Great videos...Great music!

I envy you for your ability to perform with such talented musicians. I also envy your clean, speedy left hand! :)

I particularly enjoyed the Un Jour Ailleurs video. Great 3/4 groove.

Thanks for the inspiration.

What a drag bro!!! We keep missing each other! Cant believe it.
Heeeeyy thank you for the nice words man. Coming from you....i will take that compliment with much gratitude:)

Sure I know Hardy. i was just talking about him with another real good jazz drummer out here. Hendrik Schmok?? I cant spell his last name , but thats what it sounds like. ...you know him? Not too many jazz drummers out here. He is a good one!

Where will you be in the US? NY??
P

Yeah great stuff you did at Musik Messe, I like when you ask to the audience to clap the hands while you playing some great latin stuff, that's is the music for me.

You know Hardy, GREAT !!!

I'll be in NYC april 19th, then Princeton/NJ the 20th, Chicago 17th and 18th, Canada, Boston then west coast...

Back home May 1st.

All right, take care Bro' and have fun, I'm sur you will.

Dear Rodge,

Just drop to say hi and that I also enjoy your drumming a lot, I hope to see you sometime here in Germany.

Also hi to Phil Maturano, excellent drummer too. (Phil, I've seen Hendrik several times and he plays wonderful, for sure.)

Best regards

Alex Sanguinetti (Munich, Germany)
http://www.alexsanguinetti.com

Last edited:
Dear Rodge,

Just drop to say hi and that I also enjoy your drumming a lot, I hope to see you sometime here in Germany.

Also hi to Phil Maturano, excellent drummer too. (Phil, I've seen Hendrik several times and he plays wonderful, for sure.)

Best regards

Hey Alex my friend,

Thanks for stoping around, and thanks for your message.

Yeah I hope that we'll meet eatch other very soon.

Take care and see you around.

Rodge.
PS : tomorrow I should have a nice hang with Jojo, Calhoun, wim De Vries, it sould be fun here in my town !!!

Roger, I have a question for you, Who is, in your opinion, the best drummer ever? You may be very good but you are not allowed to say yourself.

Roger, I have a question for you, Who is, in your opinion, the best drummer ever? You may be very good but you are not allowed to say yourself.

Ahaahahahaahaa, you make me laugh here Vinnysimmo !!! :)
Thanks for your message.

In my humble opinion I would say that Vinnie is the Man, no contest, he's the Man.

Take care.

Dear Rodge,

I hope you had a great hang with the guys.

Best regards,

Hey Alex,

Yeah, I had some great fun with the Guys !!!

Jojo Man, this Guy is REALLY one of the best cat around, I mean not only the INCREDIBLE musician that he is, but he's just a great Human Being, I like him a lot !!!

His DVD is coming soon, I saw some clips, it's just WOW !!!!!
And the CD of his band Nerve is coming too, Man, this Guy is KILLING !!!

All right Alex, thanks for your message Bro'.

Rodge.

I saw Rodge play with Joe Zawinul in November - you were fantastic! Let me know the next time you're in LA, Rodge.

Take care,

Kelly :)

Hey gorgeous Kelly,

Thanks for your sweet message, it's great to hear from you !!!

I was in Adelaide and Sydney last april, it was great, specialy Sydney, yeah.

All right, thanks again for your message, take care and see you soon.

Rodge.
PS : you love red wine and food, you have to come to Bordeaux Kelly !!!

Hey Steve Bro' !!!

Mouahahahhhaahhahaaa, you know what, I'll play match grip if yourself you do it, what do you think ? ahahaaaahhaahahhaaaa !!!

I think that I have some years of trad grip in front of me... :)

Thanks for your message you Killer Drummer From NJ But Living In LA !!! :)

Back