hazy 500

drumin 4 jc

hey eveyone, need a little advice, has anyone used this head and how do you like it?
i've used the 200 and 300 but was wondering if the 500 would give a deeper or warmer sound, i'm looking for more tone out of the drum,not alot of articulation is needed in this situation. btw i'm using a dw colletors maple 14x6 with a evans hd dry. thanks

me too am buying soon a new hazy and i don't have any knowledge about them... if im correct the thicker the head is the deeper but less responsive is the sound of the snare drum. right?

Im going to buy Hazy 500 or Hazy 300, i think i will go 500, because i play lot of rock and sometimes metal.

id imagine you would see a similar result as in using thicker batter heads...
id guess the 500 is probably deeper, less responsive, darker, and dryer than the 300.

I've never tried the Evans 500, but I occationally use the Remo emperor snare sides( which are the same thickness) on some drums. It really depends on the drum as to what this thicker snare side head will do. But, these heads will mostly lessen the snare response, reduce sensitivity on any drum, and will give you a slightly deeper sound. I only like these heads on certain deeper metal drums, and even then, I don't use them all the time. You will get a better deep sound with changing the batter head. You're not gonna get a deeper sound with more tone with a real muffled head. For a deep sound on wood drums, I like the Remo emperor X head. With the thickness of this head you'll still get control, but you can tune them much higher and still get a fat, deep sound on a wood snare. If this is too thick for you, try a regular coated 2 ply.

I like sensitive snare sound and think a 500 would be too thick. My last buy was a 300 only because they didin't have a 200 in stock.

Back