Carter Beauford

http://davematthewsband.com/tour

tour dates! no Charlottesville date which is a surprise since they played there last time before taking a break. hope to catch them in Cleveland or Pittsburgh. I had front row in Pittsburgh one year, seeing Carter play in person 25ft away is something I'll never forget.

any word on a possible new kit? I've been hearing the same Recording Customs for 15 years, if it isn't broke don't fix it but a new kit would be interesting to look forward to.

I'll be At little Rock this May. Sad they're taking a break next year but hopefully it rejuvenates them.

Carter will be using the same kit. Not sure if the quest love small kit will be back or not. I'm possibly getting side stage treatment and a possible meet of Carter finally. Should be easy in such a low turnout state, but he has an extremely tight schedule every show, so we'll see. Looking forward to seeing them for the 18th time!

just got my Blossom tickets, great acoustics in that place. 33rd or 34th show, lost count. hope you get to meet the master. tell him he has a huge fan in PA.

To my surprise, Carter got the new recording customs for this tour, bass drum included.

I'll be seeing them Wednesday and am supposed to have a meet with Carter added to his schedule. He hardly ever does fan meets so I'm not getting my hopes up. Would almost rather check out the kit and get some more good close ups of it!

I am getting too old for this band and crowd... took a year off from seeing Carter last year and I must say I missed him. New drums sound just like the old ones. Alex Van Halen snare sounded great and sure cut through the mix.

Decent setlist, a couple treats, I miss the old DMB with Leroi but Carter never ceases to amaze me. He was playing hard at Blossom. We left right before the intro to Warehouse, 3rd time I've heard it there. You could feel the Recording Custom kick the whole way to the parking lot.

My wife: I like him more than Neil. he plays hard!

Carter is the greatest. You could try and compare him to other drummers, but it's really not possible. There simply is not any one that matches his style, finesse, and sheer percussive abilities. Flawless syncopation, deepest pocket in the universe, and an ambidextrous open-handed playing style all together produce the funkiest, most soulful grooves ever. He literally makes that gorgeous monster of a kit he has sing! Listening to and watching Carter play made me understand what it is to feel the groove and bury yourself in the pocket, because that's what he does song after song, night after night.

CARTER FOR PRESIDENT!

my favorite drummer is getting OLD! :(

yamaha_vic.jpg

wouldn't know it by his playing this tour. happy birthday in a couple weeks you old man.

Just watched 3 or 4 of these YouTube videos of Carter. Takes me back to the 90s when I was a huge DMB fan, I could sing even the deep tracks from their unknown albums from memory. Christmas Song, Screaming from the Minarets, etc..

Just watched 3 or 4 of these YouTube videos of Carter. Takes me back to the 90s when I was a huge DMB fan, I could sing even the deep tracks from their unknown albums from memory. Christmas Song, Screaming from the Minarets, etc..

I've listened to Live in Chicago every Christmas for about the last 15 years, it was recorded right before Christmas and takes me back to the early 2000s.

Summer 2016 was nothing but deep tracks from the mid 90s. you would have thought you were seeing them 20 years ago.

I agree, it's a bit surprising. I wonder if enough players appreciate just how good he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozF4bmuJHvk

if not they should, I have never seen any other drummer do this, one of Carter's signature moves:

11:29-11:32 song comes to a crescendo and he plays a blazing single stroke roll, comes out of it in perfect time and into quarter notes on the china.

there is only one Carter Beauford.

Cool bit of info. The Ludwig Alex van Halen signature snare Carter used on the 2016 tour was the one I found for him. His tech needed a 2nd one and couldn't find another. I located him one and they got it ordered. Backstage, I was shown it and it's also #58. Alex was born on 5/8, so that's really awesome to "somewhat" have a part of the kit being used!

Cool bit of info. The Ludwig Alex van Halen signature snare Carter used on the 2016 tour was the one I found for him. His tech needed a 2nd one and couldn't find another. I located him one and they got it ordered. Backstage, I was shown it and it's also #58. Alex was born on 5/8, so that's really awesome to "somewhat" have a part of the kit being used!

It sounded great last year, loudest snare I've ever heard. I'm glad he got his snare sound back, he went through a bad snare sound time in the mid 2000s. My personal favorites are the bronze Ocheltree and of course the Black Beauty. The titanium Dunnet in the years between those snares, no thanks.

His kit from Blossom 2013 might be the best sounding kit I've ever heard.

Dude you gotta let me play Last Stop on that thing. Seriously.

He reminds me of Abe Cunningham from Deftones in that what he plays sounds easy, then you try and play it and it's damn near impossible to get it sounding anywhere near similar.

Back