Recommend me some bass beaters

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I've got a basic Pearl double bass pedal, and I want to replace the beaters because I don't like using the plastic side, and the felt's all worn down. I have a spare beater with more intact felt, but I'm wondering whether it might be worth upgrading to something better, and want to explore all available options.

I need a fair amount of attack but not a plastic click, and obviously it has to fit my pedal.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

Would you guys mind qualifying your suggestions for me, so I know what the pros and cons are? What makes these particularly good?

In the past I've found DW beaters very heavy, I quite like the size of the Pearl ones.

Would you guys mind qualifying your suggestions for me, so I know what the pros and cons are? What makes these particularly good?

In the past I've found DW beaters very heavy, I quite like the size of the Pearl ones.

For me rubber beaters feel awesome, and are the perfect balance between wood and felt beaters. Lots of punch without too much click

Im a big fan of the drum slug beaters, i use them with my iron cobras, though they were a little light for me (im probably one of the only drummers out there who 100% loves the heaviness of DW beaters)

Anyone try the Axis Sonic Hammers on a non-Axis pedal? I hate wasting the energy of swinging the beater past top dead center/parallel to the head when it seems that's where maximum impact would occur...

(im probably one of the only drummers out there who 100% loves the heaviness of DW beaters)
Was always burying my beaters before I found DW to get a powerfull hit. I really like the feeling that im throwing something heavy and it bouncing right back.

To stay ontopic a heavy wood beater could feel really good if you kinda like a heavy feel and want attack with no felt or plastics.

There's also the Puresound Speedball beaters as well. They come in felt, plastic, and rubber with an adjustable weight along the shaft of the beater.
http://goo.gl/a5Mjg

Back