Best Stick Company?

tim167246

Right now, I'm using 5As and METAL from Vic Firth, they're great, but they don't last me a long time ( Practice 3-4 hours a day and performance once a week.) I get through a stick a day, but discovered AHEAD sticks. Wow, 5As, they get pretty battered, but realized over the course of, iunno a year, I could save over a hundred dollars :)

What's your favourite stick company? and favourite sticks?

What are you beating on that you are using or breaking a stick a day.?? Can you spell DYNAMICS? Is every beat a monster beat? You may want to check your technique.

I like the Vater wood tipped "rock" style stick. I also love Headbanger 5a & 7a sticks. There a budget stick, But they are balanced nicely the weight distribution is excellent and they sell for something like 4 prs for $11 they are easily worth that. I also Use the Vater "rock" style tip in nylon on occasion But I do prefer the wood tip.

Heh I think there may be a thread on this already :p. But I will reply nonetheless.

My favorite sticks are the Pro Mark Japanese White Oak 5A's. I bought 2 pairs of these last Christmas and am still using the same two pairs. Just now are the tips starting go out on me. Very durable and I have never played drumset with a stick that felt better in my hands.

I too used to break Maple & Hickory sticks with alarming regularity (hard hitting metal drummer having to compete with guitarists running Mesa Boogie!!)

I now use Pro-Mark 2b Nylon tip in Oak. Much more durable, but the pay-off is weight. Doesn't bother me personally (6' 6", 300lbs).

Been using them for about 15 years now. Nothing else comes close.

Vic Firth, I almost always use 5A or X5A (though X5A don't last me as long - I replace sticks when the tip is losing little splinters).

Right now, I'm using 5As and METAL from Vic Firth, they're great, but they don't last me a long time ( Practice 3-4 hours a day and performance once a week.) I get through a stick a day, but discovered AHEAD sticks. Wow, 5As, they get pretty battered, but realized over the course of, iunno a year, I could save over a hundred dollars :)

What's your favourite stick company? and favourite sticks?

I have had a problem like yours.
When in rock band rehearsals I will go through a stick a day. Practice can go 2 hours a day, sometimes much much longer depending on the gig.

I changed over to Ahead and now I will break one a month, maybe.

And I know people will jump all over this saying "bad technique" and blah blah blah...
But you know what, sometimes sticks just don't last. I have had wood sticks that have lasted me a month, and some have lasted me an hour.

I have a few pairs of Truelines in 5B wood and 5B nylon as well as a pair of the 2Bs and the 2B Rebounds. All excellent sticks. I've had them for over two years with only a little chafing and tip wear only on the woodies.

The power grips have a great feel and nice weight and balance. The Rebounds are ridiculous but indestructable when you need to draw weapons for a beat-down session.

Check out the Truelines. They're really good sticks.

I don't know what the best stick company is but my favorite is definitely Vic Firth.
And my favorite size would be 5AN.

I picked up a few pair of Truelines,5a nylon tip with the diamond
grip and these things are tough.I have been playing with the same
pair for a year and i practice several hours a day,rotating with Vater
Manhattans every day.Amazing sticks.

I picked up a few pair of Truelines,5a nylon tip with the diamond
grip and these things are tough.I have been playing with the same
pair for a year and i practice several hours a day,rotating with Vater
Manhattans every day.Amazing sticks.

I just found out yesterday the Trueline went out of business a few months ago. It's a real shame. They made great sticks.

I just found out yesterday the Trueline went out of business a few months ago. It's a real shame. They made great sticks.

That is too bad.The stick was so strong so replacement wasn't
really warranted.I have other sticks where the wood is flying every
where,but not these.

I was using Vic Firth SD9 drivers. I would go thruogh three pairs in a three hour show. These sticks feel great but they are soft. They do not like the bell of the ride cymbal.
I do not have any technque issues. I switched to Vic Firth AC5Bs They are hickory and have been using them for two weeks and are barely dented or shredded. The SD9s were like balsa wood they are for jazz mainly but feel great. I will still use them for jazz or wedding gigs. But playing full on rock in roll they won't last long. I love the 5Bs.

Most majors make a good stick, but its ProMarks service ethic that keeps me going back to them time and time again.

I've been super happy with the sticks I had made from customdrumstix.biz

They feel perfect in my hand every time I pick them up. No BS. They are effortless to play with.

Easy site to get around, good, friendly communication, quick service, do what it takes to get it right, and they care....and if they decide to stop making sticks I will drive to their shop and kick their a$$es.
:)

Back