What's your "day" job?

Re: Whats your Job?

Construction contractor, Custom home builder, Land developer. Did i mention how BAD the economy sucks right now?

Yup I know! I have been a General Contractor (licensed since '06) and I think the economy was conspiring against me when I opened my own business. I ended up going to work for the government until things pick up again. When I left the Army construction work was the only thing I could get. So I worked up from just a laborer, to a carpenter's apprentice, then a foreman, then a commercial construction superintendent and finally passed my states G.C. test (Florida was no joke!). The boom died out just about the time I opened up shop.

President of The Federation of Planets.

I own and insurance agency. Just my wife and I, no employees.

I am currently 'signed off' from work due to long-term illness. Next year I should be doing a Masters programme at my old University. Between then and now I have to get some kind of job but that also depends on my condition improving.

I work in the Victoria Police Force as a Protective Services Officer and also teach Kempo Karate.

My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents :D

Just joking. I don't live with my parents. And my name isn't George. But I am unemployed however :/

And I tell people I run Vandelay Industries working with Latex......

I'm a software engineer/computer scientist all wrapped into one i guess for almost 40 years. Also part-time bicycle mechanic for when I retire.

Wish I had discovered drumming earlier. It's a good stress reliever. Yet another expensive hobby. Drumming teacher is Sergio Bellotti in Boston.

rony

I am a motorcycle technology instructor at lincoln technical institute. Been working on bikes for over 17 years . Ten of them with Harley Davidson

I work for the DOD these days. Much better than when I wore the uniform everyday.

It's done, a great ceremony, a great career and an amazing opportunity to be of service. Here is the best part, one of my favorite drummers is a jazz guy from Charleston, SC. The good folks who planned my retirement party knew this. One of the ladies that I work with set it up, her mother is friends with Mrs. Baxter, Quentin Baxter's mother. They made a presentation at the retirement party and talked about how much I love jazz and this particular drummer, so we would like to bring Mr. Quentin Baxter up and make a presentation.

They went out and found the guy, I had never personally met him, just listened to his music. He drove 120 miles to come to the going away party and shocked me and the crowd.

How cool is that? He really did a service for those in uniform.

A great day and a great career.

Congrats guys.........I am also retired Army after 22 years, and am now employed by DoD...........not sure what you guys did, but my skills aren't very marketable to anyone else.

I'm a Dane expatriated to Malaysia the last 15 years.
Managing Director of Camfil Farr Malaysia the last 11 years.
I have around 370 people working for me. Great company, great job - and it pays for the drums -)

thx

jorn

Photolithography technician for a Semiconductor company.

Maintenance Planner at a 580MW Power Plant.. Keeping the lights on : )

Well I am an Electrician by trade. Did that for 15 years, and hated it! Stayed home with my kids for 15, loved it! Last two years I have been a farmers helper for a friend up the road. Get to drive huge equipment, and learn all about farming. Don't get paid much, but my job is 2 miles away, and I love it! I also have another part time job and that is buying drums. It doesn't pay anything, but I still love it! :)

Back