Tama Speed Cobra Beater Head problem

Hxcdrummer

Hey guys whats up? I got an annoying problem happening while using my double pedal, my beater heads (as in the whole beater with the metal thingy) keep falling off every time i use the Speed Cobra. I have tighten the screws and everything, yet both beaters keep falling off... I have a band practice in exactly 30 min and its not gonna be pretty xD. I'll post some pictures once i get back, but in mean time if anyone understood what i'm saying it would be awesome to get some answers!

See you all, have a good day! :)

EDIT: Added a photo for explanation!

Attachments

• url.jpg
    url.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2,879
Last edited:
Sorry, I have never heard of this issue.

I've actually never messed with any part of my Speed Cobras (I have 3 sets), except for tightening some of the screws the first day, and experienced no issues whatsoever.

Just the beater head?

The rod is staying attached to the holder connecting to the cam?

Hey whats up, nah thats the problem! The rod is detaching even when i tighten it with full force. It's weird, i play for like 5min then it just flies out

That makes no sense. You must have a defective pedal. Either that, or you're tightening the wrong screw.

Take the rod out, tighten the screw and look inside the hole where the rod was. Can you see the screw? You should be able to screw it all the way in without the rod there. This may be a cross threading problem. That is, the screw feels tight as hell, but actually isn't in as far as you think. I had a similar issue. Try a different screw, too. My bet is the screw isn't going in, although it may feel like it.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the screw is not making contact with the beater rod as well.

Hey whats up, nah thats the problem! The rod is detaching even when i tighten it with full force. It's weird, i play for like 5min then it just flies out

sounds like you have the beater rod length so far out that it is not making contact against the tigtening screw but rather is sitting on top of it. in other words, you are tightening into the screw all the way, but it sits below the beater stem, not against it, thus not tightening against the rod/stem.
my guess is when you have the stem in, and screw tight, you canstill twist the beater around ? if so, it means the screw is not tightening against it.

take both out, put the rod all the way down to start then insert and tighten the screw. then lengthen beater accordingly but not too far.

The screws are tight, and the rod is half way so i dont think that's the problem. Anyway i replaced the screws of my speed cobra with the screws from my old iron cobra. No problem so far, might be the screws are broken or something. Anyway ill let you guys know if the problem happens again. Thanks for all the comments!

Back