My friends

Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
Seven years is a long time to contribute to a project, and it honestly hurts to step back from it. Bernhard has done an amazing thing by creating this resource for all of the world to use. It's not enough to say that DrummerWorld is the best of its kind, because the fact is there is nothing else like it.

Being a moderator on an Internet forum can feel like a thankless job, and yet so many people have gone out of their way over the years to let us know that they appreciate what we have tried to accomplish here. There is no way to make everyone happy, but my goal was always to keep this forum what it was intended to be. Most of us know that there are some rather unsavory places on the 'net, and yet the DrummerWorld forum has always been a place that a young kid with his first set of sticks can have a truly meaningful conversation with his favorite pro drummer, and the rest of us grownups can act in a civilized manner and still have a blast.

And I did have a blast.

You guys and gals seriously rock.

With Love and Respect,

Thomas
"DogBreath"

Thomas, I wish to publicly thank you for helping me behind the scenes with any number of Internet issues, especially when it came to the really bad types who chased me down during the WFD days. As some know, I had some really crazy moments with some people who actually went a lot farther than forum trolling, and you were always key towards weeding those people out when they came here under assumed names. Since all that is in the past now, I talk about it more freely than before. But people here should know that Thomas handled me in a very appreciated manner back then.

It was also cool meeting you back at 2007 NAMM. Best wishes on your future plans.

Matt

Yes, thank you Thomas. Compared to some, comparatively, I've not been here that long, but that does not diminish how grateful I am for your input & steering of this fine place. I wish you the best in everything you're undertaking, & hope you still find time to chime in here. The continuing success of this forum, & indeed, the site as a whole, is part of your legacy, & of that, you can be most proud.

I am intrigued though, as I know little about what you're up to in drumming. What bin bashing stuff is going on in your world?

fondest regards, Andy.

P.S. Matt, good to hear from you :)

Thomas, I'm a relatively new member compared to a lot of the old timers here. But it is obvious to anyone this is an extremely well-moderated and well-run forum. That is a tribute to all the work you've done as a moderator here, over the years. Congratulations on a job well done, and best of luck to you in your endeavors!

I can only echo what Aydee said. Fair, Firm and with a sense of humor. It's been a pleasure and although it could never be said enough, Thanks for your time Thomas.

Thomas, my hat is off to you.
You must have been doing an incredible amount of work all these years an putting in so much energy!

Yep, you done good dude. This is one of the more civilised parts of the Internet thanks to you.
Please accept a bottle of Listerine as appreciation for your efforts.

Thomas, I'm a relatively new member compared to a lot of the old timers here. But it is obvious to anyone this is an extremely well-moderated and well-run forum. That is a tribute to all the work you've done as a moderator here, over the years. Congratulations on a job well done, and best of luck to you in your endeavors!

Thomas, count me in as part of the "newbie" club of this forum, but I echo everything Larry said in his post, congratulations and all the best for your future projects, please do pop in from time to time :)

Dog, you're one of the "best of the best" (in my book, anyways). Now, let's sees if ya stills got that grammer hammar, one mo' time!!!​

another newb to the forums who offers much respect and holds you in high regard

thank you and be well in your endeavors

Seven years is a long time to contribute to a project, and it honestly hurts to step back from it. Bernhard has done an amazing thing by creating this resource for all of the world to use. It's not enough to say that DrummerWorld is the best of its kind, because the fact is there is nothing else like it.

Being a moderator on an Internet forum can feel like a thankless job, and yet so many people have gone out of their way over the years to let us know that they appreciate what we have tried to accomplish here. There is no way to make everyone happy, but my goal was always to keep this forum what it was intended to be. Most of us know that there are some rather unsavory places on the 'net, and yet the DrummerWorld forum has always been a place that a young kid with his first set of sticks can have a truly meaningful conversation with his favorite pro drummer, and the rest of us grownups can act in a civilized manner and still have a blast.

And I did have a blast.

You guys and gals seriously rock.

With Love and Respect,

Thomas
"DogBreath"

Thanks for your restraint and temperance over the years.

I admin a few dozen Facebook pages I think being an admin is especially difficult because you can't necessarily use your powers to silence someone who hasn't crossed any lines, but is just saying stuff you don't agree with. I always felt like you kept order in the zoo but let the animals be themselves.

Sometimes I can't believe that some of us have been here over seven years.

Thanks DB

Are you still playing those Pacifics?

Me too.

So you're quitting your moderator job?
Thanks for your great work and for being a significant reason DW is what it is!
I can imagine that being a moderator is one of those jobs everyone takes for
granted, you get all those bad comments when something doesn't work out
as people wish, and you don't get any thank yous when everything is alright.

All the best
Matthias

Let me add my name to the list of people that have been here quite awhile and have seen the good work you've done, and are happy to say thank you! Wish you all the best!

Thanks for all your hard work behind the scenes.I knw it's tough dealing with so many different personality types....and doing it as a labor of love.:)

Steve B

This thread is awesome. Good to see it is closely moderated though, it may drive some crazy, but it keeps most of the losers out and attracts more people to the forum. Nobody goes to yahoo discussion forums exept for entertainment, but here people actually have good things to contribute, and it is a community of drummers.

Back