My Ludwig Kit

BadLands

*No cymbal top felts were harmed in the making of this drum kit!

My kit; she's old but they don't make them like this anymore.

1976 Ludwig 9 piece "Power Factory", 3 ply maple shells with "Silver Satin" finish and Ludwig Silver Dot clear heads.

24" Bass drum
6 1/2" x 14" Supra-Phonic chrome Snare
Six concert (a.k.a. melodic) tom toms:
10"
12"
13"
14"
15"
16"
18" Floor tom
Ludwig 312 double pedal / 1970's Speed King pedal

6”/8”/10” Remo Roto Toms

Cymbals:
All are Avedis Zildjian 1970's hollow logo except the splash and 18" crash.
14" New Beat Hi Hats
8" Avedis Zildjian splash (2001)
14" Avedis Zildjian thin crash
16" Avedis Zildjian paper thin crash
16" Avedis Zildjian medium thin crash
18" Avedis Zildjian crash, 1960's
18" Avedis Zildjian medium ride
20" Avedis Zildjian medium ride

Attachments

• Drums 3.jpg
    Drums 3.jpg
    770.9 KB · Views: 1,782
  • Drums 1.jpg
    Drums 1.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 841
  • Drums 4.jpg
    Drums 4.jpg
    766.3 KB · Views: 1,056
Last edited:
You and Bermuda will get along fine!
Nice classic concert tom kit.

You have an spotless kit...It shines on!

*No cymbal top felts were harmed in the making of this drum kit!

Maybe not, but while you weren't looking, someone stole most of your resonant heads, lol.

Nice looking vintage set of drums.

Dennis

Something doesn't quite add up here. Ludwig's 6-ply shells didn't appear until 1976. Looking closely at the pictures, the insides of the shells look like they have re-rings, so they must be 3-ply shells! SCORE!!!

Nice kit!

Thanks, typo in my original post, the kit was purchased in 1976 not 1975.

As far as the ply......not sure. I thought they were 6 because the concert toms first showed up in the catalog in the 1975-1 booklet (I think), and as you point out Ludwig went to 6 ply in 1976. However these were ordered in the Spring of '76, so ..... "1975" 3 ply?

I do believe those are re-rings. The shell interior is factory-sprayed (granitone?) and the edge was clear wood, but like most teens, I was stupid and painted the edge silver to 'match' my kit.

Very nice kit!! There is something about vintage Ludwig's that brings a smile to my face! I guess it's a reminder of my childhood, everyone had Ludwig's! I am so glad that have made a strong come back! I love my Luddies!

Wow - that's a drum kit. I used to love staring at the pics of that kit in the old catalog when I was a kid! But please - lose the Roto toms!!!!!

Thanks for the pics...

I had something similar in the 1970's; it brings back sweet memories. Atlas hardware too.

Nice kit.

GJS

Wow - that's a drum kit. I used to love staring at the pics of that kit in the old catalog when I was a kid! But please - lose the Roto toms!!!!!

Thanks for the pics...

LOL I generally don't drag the rotos around when I play. But in the interest of "he who dies with the most drums wins" I keep everything set up. Many will tell you concert toms themselves are tacky - so why not go the whole 9 yards with the roto's!

LOL I generally don't drag the rotos around when I play. But in the interest of "he who dies with the most drums wins" I keep everything set up. Many will tell you concert toms themselves are tacky - so why not go the whole 9 yards with the roto's!

LOL Those toms are pure class IMO!! The rotos are crashing the party!

LOL Those toms are pure class IMO!! The rotos are crashing the party!

Blasphemy! Roll that back to 1982 and those roto toms would be the guest of honor at the party. But then again, a mullet would be too, so I kinda see what your saying. I miss those days :)

Back