Roc n Soc nitro drum throne

M

Mystic

Has anyone tried this drum throne? I am getting it for christmas, but was wondering if anyone has used it and if it's as comfortable as everyone says it is.

I just got it a few days ago, and I don't think I can go back to anything else. You will enjoy it.

The only throne I have used for years...the only throne I'll ever use.

I have one and I love it. (Rider model.) It's solid, well made and very comfortable. It adjusts up and down with the tap of a lever like a high quality office chair. I would heartily recommend it to anyone.

hmm well I got the nitro one, whats the deal with the nitro gas? Extra bounce? I don't want it to blow up and kill me or the band er somethin lol, it does sound interesting though, so any thoughts on nitro?

I own 2 of these thrones and I only have one complaint. After several years of having one of them, it no longer gets as high as it formerly did. I sit with the throne all the way up, and now I am a little bit lower than I like to be on that throne. I should probably try the extended version. Anyway, Other than that potential downfall, everything about these thrones are great.

hmm well I got the nitro one, whats the deal with the nitro gas? Extra bounce? I don't want it to blow up and kill me or the band er somethin lol, it does sound interesting though, so any thoughts on nitro?

I have been flopping my ass down on the same Nitro throne for 15 years. Very comfortable and durable. Get it.

My only complaint is that the rivets are starting to loosen a bit and creak, which happens to all stands over time, especially to throne stands. I will take it into my shop and hammer the rivets tight and that should be good for another decade.

I got one back in March wish I would've got it a lot sooner, Unlike everyone else I chose the

round seat instead of the bicycle seat that way it would be the same everytime I sat on it.

best throne I ever had.

Bonzolead

Mine is about 4 years old, still love it.

I alway say that the throne is the most important piece of hardware you will ever own. I don't care how great your kit is. If your butt and back hurt your will not play well
wink.gif

ive had one for almost a year now and its awesome, i love the bouncy feel

They're great thrones. Very comfortable. Too soft for me though, i don't necessarily like being too relaxed when i play. I use a Tama ergo-rider for my extremely wide buttocks.

I have the one with the 5 leg base. Great throne.

Buy the one with 3 legs. It's superior in that it can handle uneven surfaces and packs up smaller.

BTW a word of caution regarding super comfortable thrones...

... if you play out occasionally and or sit-in you will end up sitting on somebody else's lesser-than throne and it can mess up your game. You can easily get spoiled with a Roc n Soc and then sit on a little round one and be off the whole time you play.

I make sure to use my cheapie throne often so I'm not so awkward when I sit on another.

I have the one with the 5 leg base. Great throne.

Buy the one with 3 legs. It's superior in that it can handle uneven surfaces and packs up smaller.

BTW a word of caution regarding super comfortable thrones...

... if you play out occasionally and or sit-in you will end up sitting on somebody else's lesser-than throne and it can mess up your game. You can easily get spoiled with a Roc n Soc and then sit on a little round one and be off the whole time you play.

I make sure to use my cheapie throne often so I'm not so awkward when I sit on another.
hmm interesting thought, I never thought of a throne throwing me off unless it was completely falling apart (aka my schools throne) I will be getting it tomorrow though, I will give you guys a full review on it once I get it to my band's house after Christmas break.

OK sorry for the long wait on my review of this throne, but here it is. After about a month of using this throne I will come to the conclusion that it is the best throne I have ever used. It is very comfortable and it allows many different levels for me to play at. I can sit high and that gives me a great view and advantage at playing on the toms as well as cymbals, but it sacrifices double bass speed. Sitting in the middle however is a perfect balance of both hand and foot technique advantage giving you room to hit your toms cymbals and bass drums with equal power dynamics and speed. Now the lower setting I would not recommend unless you had a smaller bass drum and everything was set up on a lower scale. It definitely makes the player exert much more energy when using double bass and makes it more difficult to hit toms 100% on the head (hitting rims) unless they are set up at an angle, as well as cymbals. Overall this throne is great, I love the feeling of it, it's not as soft as I expected it to be after hearing reviews from other members, but it satisfied my needs and it has made my playing a lot easier surprisingly (I had no idea at all that a throne really affected playing as much as it does until now) I would recommend this throne to anyone and I will stick with this throne for the rest of my life unless they come out with a newer better model, or unless someone can persuade me that there is a better one.That's my review I hope it helps someone out there and if anyone has any questions or comments please let me hear it.

Does it come with the back rest, and if so how high up does it adjust. I'm kind of leaning to the type of throne Chambers uses with the high back rest, slightly leaning back, it looks very comfortable. Gatzen also uses the same type of throne in his videos. What type of throne is that, or is it a modified chair. I have a gibraltar bicycly type throne with back rest. Its sturdy and everything but I've had it for 20 years and it seems that after about 2 hours of playing/practice the foam just seems to bottom out and it gets uncomfortable. That just started happening this last year. I weigh about 2 bills and 6' 1" so I'm looking for something very comfortable. Any suggestions?

Does it come with the back rest, and if so how high up does it adjust. I'm kind of leaning to the type of throne Chambers uses with the high back rest, slightly leaning back, it looks very comfortable. Gatzen also uses the same type of throne in his videos. What type of throne is that, or is it a modified chair. I have a gibraltar bicycly type throne with back rest. Its sturdy and everything but I've had it for 20 years and it seems that after about 2 hours of playing/practice the foam just seems to bottom out and it gets uncomfortable. That just started happening this last year. I weigh about 2 bills and 6' 1" so I'm looking for something very comfortable. Any suggestions?

Some have the backrest. mine has the backrest. I lean on it sometimes. The entire throne is awesome. Holds up well. Doesn't even smell after plenty of sweat soaked, beer soaked, smoke-soaked, etc...gigs.

The backrest relatively thin and bolted to the base with two bolts underneath. It is adjustable.

24366.jpg

39833.jpg

Thanks. Looks comfy and durable, I'm going to check one out. Is there a specific model I should be looking for. Roc n soc what? How much are they?

Look for the Roc N Soc Nitro throne, this is the one I purchased, they have a few other models I just chose this one because of the hydraulic seat adjuster, but anyway it goes for around $150 and you can add the backrest on for $50 more, the backrest sits above the middle of my back and I am 5' 11'' it is worth the investment and I have had 6 other people try my throne and tell me it is amazing.

Back