The NEW Mapex Falcon Pedal

Trilogy72

Hi everyone. I just received a new set of the redesigned Mapex Falcon double pedals that Mapex was kind enough to send me as a warranty replacement for the original pedals. I wanted to post some pics of the "old and new" pedals for comparison.

The biggest difference I have noticed so far is that you can no longer replace the cams like in the original and the finish is a textured black rather than the glossy powder coat. Overall the pedal feels a bit more solid, still very well built and is extremely smooth. You don't get the belt drives with this pedal like the original did but it is available as an option along with the direct drive. The beaters with interchangeable weights and drive link seem to be the same as the originals.

I will have a chance on Sunday to give them a full run down and will let everyone know how that works out.

Attachments

• IMG_4827.JPG
    IMG_4827.JPG
    379.9 KB · Views: 1,512
  • IMG_4840.JPG
    IMG_4840.JPG
    555 KB · Views: 1,474
  • IMG_4839.JPG
    IMG_4839.JPG
    507.7 KB · Views: 1,524
  • IMG_4838.JPG
    IMG_4838.JPG
    479.9 KB · Views: 2,008
  • IMG_4837.JPG
    IMG_4837.JPG
    724.9 KB · Views: 2,084
  • IMG_4836.JPG
    IMG_4836.JPG
    565.9 KB · Views: 2,346
  • IMG_4835.JPG
    IMG_4835.JPG
    500.1 KB · Views: 2,633
  • IMG_4831.JPG
    IMG_4831.JPG
    411.5 KB · Views: 1,491
  • IMG_4828.JPG
    IMG_4828.JPG
    806.1 KB · Views: 1,513
... nice pics, MAPEX should use them on their website.

Thanks Les! The Mapex USA site still has no info on the Falcons or even the new Saturn IV kits. Don't know what's up with that...

I tried the Falcons when I was shopping for a Dbl. pedal. I thought they felt great. What was the reason you got replacements? Great pics. BTW

The biggest difference I have noticed so far is that you can no longer replace the cams like in the original...

Nice pics man :)

That's a real shame you can't swap the cams anymore or you don't have the strap drive offered as standard, it was all these optional features which made me chose this pedal over the competition, I'm glad I bought the old model a couple years ago.

I tried the Falcons when I was shopping for a Dbl. pedal. I thought they felt great. What was the reason you got replacements? Great pics. BTW

I sent them an email and some pics about a "click" feel I was getting when playing the master pedal. It was really noticeable when I had the straps instead of the chains on. I was thinking I was going to get a replacement part(s) or something but I was not expecting them to send me a new pedal. This is the second time that Mapex warranty/customer service has come through for me without any issues or hassle!

They look nice. I think I'm going to buy a Falcon (single), but go for the older version since it seems like the better deal.

Unless you report back here saying how incredibly better the new version is :p

Wow, they sent you a new pedal because you told them you heard a clicking noise?

It didn't have a clicking noise but I would feel a "click" (for lack of a better word) when near the top of the pedal action and made the pedal have a sloppy feel when trying to play quick patterns.

It didn't have a clicking noise but I would feel a "click" (for lack of a better word) when near the top of the pedal action and made the pedal have a sloppy feel when trying to play quick patterns.
Still, they sent you a brand new pedal?
Did they ask you to send the old 1 back?

Still, they sent you a brand new pedal?
Did they ask you to send the old 1 back?

That took me by surprise too! I thought they would send me a part to fix the problem but I got an email tell me I would get a brand new one. They did not have me send the old one back.

Wow, that's some great service right there!
Not just a single pedal, but a double pedal.........sweet!

What a sweet deal I wouldn't be too fussed about the loss of the multi cam thing but are you able to retrofit your new one with the gear on your old one?

... are you able to retrofit your new one with the gear on your old one?

I have swapped out the chains of the new with the straps of my old pedal. All the gear (other than the cams) can be used on the new one.

Had a chance to play the pedal for about 4 hours on Sunday and it felt great! I had the straps on that I had from my other pedal and it was smooth, quiet and very responsive. Don't know if this was in my mind but the pedal did feel a bit more solid to me. Over all, I am very happy with the new Falcon and would highly recommend it for heavy or intricate players.

Attachments

• TD-20 and Falcon Pedal.jpg
    TD-20 and Falcon Pedal.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 1,250
Back