what time signature is this song?

12/8 it's a count of 3 per bar the bit underneath doesn't matter. So 3/4 or 6/8 will do

Weird groove. In my head I was grouping it as a 4 followed by 2 more beats... So 6 I guess.

It hurts my head a bit to count that because some of the notes seem so random. Maybe I'm missing it.

Absolutely correct, it is in 4/4. Nothing fancy going on other than a programed drum beat that's actually rather cool. Ir's my kind of thing, odd funk beats. I'm going down to play it right now.

Edit: Listening to it again, I'm thinking that's a real drummer.

Absolutely correct, it is in 4/4. Nothing fancy going on other than a programed drum beat that's actually rather cool. Ir's my kind of thing, odd funk beats. I'm going down to play it right now.

I agree. It is definitely in 4/4.

Thanks guys! It's not that difficult of a pattern to get once its transcribed, strange cool sounding beat though

Did someone notate it? I'd like to see. I'm curious, but far too lazy to do it myself. At least there's the steady hats to key on.

Something still sounds funny to me... I bet it's a real drummer, but maybe they chopped up a bunch of his licks and looped things in chunks.

Whatever Ant says. But yea even I can hear it's in 4/4. Backbeats on the "and" of 1, 3, 4 as far as I can tell.

I don't know if im posting this in the right place. I'm relatively new to drumming, I'm trying to figure out what time signature this song is in because im trying to do a drum cover of it, and it has been nagging at me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L0rgIYnkjU

It's in 4. You're just not used to hearing the snare drum not on 2 & 4. They're being clever - good thing too, the song just kinda' sits there without the trippy beat ;)

Back