Looking for new hi-hat stand

xKELLEM

Hi all, im looking to get a somewhat cheap hi-hat stand to replace my current one. The reason is because i got a double bass pedal and am finding it difficult to use with the current one i have. I was looking at 2-legged hi-hat stands but the general consensus is that they are not as stable as 3-legged ones. Is there one that i can get where i can adjust the leg positions to make it more comfortable to use my double bass pedal?

Gibraltar, Tama, Pearl, Mapex, Yamaha, etc all make 3 leg stands that are reasonably priced that pivot for doubles. Stop by a store and check some out.

The 2 legger isn't going to fall over, just rock a bit at the worst of times. I bought a dw 9500 recently, I like it alot.

Tama RoadPro. Inexpensive and the legs swivel.

Last edited:
+2 on the roadpro. Good action, stable and adjustable in a few ways.

Don't shop for cheap, shop used, and get top quality gear.​
I have 3 hi-hats (3 legged, legless, and remote). All bought used. I'm not a fan of the 2 legged models. Had one (a DW), it wobbled, sold it ...​

I have always used 3 legged high hat stands and never had a problem getting the slave pedal in between the leg and the high hat foot board. As for good quality and still reasonably priced I have been using the same Dixon hardware for almost 14 years now with no repairs. Dixon is made by the same company that supplies Gibraltar, Worldmax, Cannon and even some Ludwig but Dixon seems to be priced better.

I was looking at 2-legged hi-hat stands but the general consensus is that they are not as stable as 3-legged ones.

It depends who you ask, and how you set it up. Got a killer deal on a DW 5000 used 2 legger. The guy just started drumming and had also just had a motorcycle accident (minor) so he decided to sell everything and stick with guitar.

The 2 legger is easier to position next to double pedals. However, guys here can do it with the 3 leggers. I made sure that the heel, and 2 legs form a triangle base. The legs are slightly in to transfer wieght to the heel area.

yeah, I have a slightly different take than others on here. I hate 3 legged hi hat stands and find that they get in the way of my set up. I've used both the tama iron cobra 2 legged and DW9000 with two legs and loved them both. Never felt them wobble or move at all. As BigD says above, just make it so they form a triangle between the 2 legs and the pedal and it will be very stable.

+4 for the roadpro. sturdy as a rock, adjustable, very cheap for the quality

Back