Can't buy Evans level 360 online

PeteN

Silver Member
So I thought I was smart and ordered a g2 clear fusion tom pack (10,12,14) and also a 16 form the evans website. On the drop down list you have the option to buy from the evans store, so here I am thinking I'm a genius and order the heads from the evans store thinking I'll get fresh new level 360 heads and man was I wrong.

Fast forward a week later I receive my heads, the 3 tom fusion pack is not level 360 but the 16" is! In the shipping box I see that my heads came from "Dad's Diggings" in Wisconsin. I call this place and explained that I ordered from the evans store and he explained that evans uses a "shopatron" program on the web which simply finds an online store close to you that has your items in stock. I explained to the gentleman on the phone I had wanted level 360 heads and thought I would be getting fresh stock from evans so anyway that's when he explained to me the shopatron crap.

Seems like the only way to ensure you can get all level 360 heads is to call your local store and have them specifically order your level 360 heads from evans.

Online stores do not specify if any of your heads are level 360, so the phone call has to be placed whether you want to buy online or from your local dealer. Really this is a stupid corner evans backed them selves into, I don't understand why they would get people excited about new technology the make it so difficult to get.

Stupidity like this makes me just want to keep giving my money to remo or aquarian.

Sorry you are disappointed. I guess that being good drum head makers and being good at internet marketing are two different things. Peace and goodwill.

I ordered a 10,,12,,14 pack from Amazon, 360, and an 8, 360 and a 16 Old stock. I was taking a chance since the Amazon site didn't specify 360 or other. But was happy to get 4 out of 5 that were 360. I also only paid 48.00 for all five heads. Try and send those back before you use them and try Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Evans-Tompack...476331&sr=8-2&keywords=drum+heads+10+12+14+16

You will not beat this price. I will not guarantee 360 but maybe a phone call would help. the Amazon ad says shipped from Amazon not some Mom and Pop store

So I thought I was smart and ordered a g2 clear fusion tom pack (10,12,14) and also a 16 form the evans website. On the drop down list you have the option to buy from the evans store, so here I am thinking I'm a genius and order the heads from the evans store thinking I'll get fresh new level 360 heads and man was I wrong.

Fast forward a week later I receive my heads, the 3 tom fusion pack is not level 360 but the 16" is! In the shipping box I see that my heads came from "Dad's Diggings" in Wisconsin. I call this place and explained that I ordered from the evans store and he explained that evans uses a "shopatron" program on the web which simply finds an online store close to you that has your items in stock. I explained to the gentleman on the phone I had wanted level 360 heads and thought I would be getting fresh stock from evans so anyway that's when he explained to me the shopatron crap.

Seems like the only way to ensure you can get all level 360 heads is to call your local store and have them specifically order your level 360 heads from evans.

Online stores do not specify if any of your heads are level 360, so the phone call has to be placed whether you want to buy online or from your local dealer. Really this is a stupid corner evans backed them selves into, I don't understand why they would get people excited about new technology the make it so difficult to get.

Stupidity like this makes me just want to keep giving my money to remo or aquarian.

I wouldn't blame Evans for this. The store you bought from must not move much product and they are going to sell old stock first. I will say though it would be nice if they, Evans, bought back the old stock from these stores since they promote it.

I wouldn't blame Evans for this. The store you bought from must not move much product and they are going to sell old stock first. I will say though it would be nice if they, Evans, bought back the old stock from these stores since they promote it.

I disagree that Evans is not to blame. I disagree because I went to the evans website to purchase directly from evans by selecting the "evans store" link on the drop down list of places to buy online. I thought since ordering direct I would get fresh level 360 heads from evans but when you select the evans store link a program called ShopAtron is exectuted in the background and sells you products from some dealer close to you. In my case they did not even select anyone in my state lol....i could have gone to my local mom and pop stores or local GC to buy what they sold me which is all common stock here with the exception of level 360 heads.

I thought I was buying direct from Evans....this whole thing is mis-leading and deceptive in my opinion. I will say this is probably not done on purpose but more a simple fact that someone is an idiot at Evans for not having different product numbers for level 360 heads which would allow the consumer to select an actual G2 Clear Level 360 head over the normal G2 clear head.

They're not new products, though. They're a complete line upgrade for ALL of Evans's heads. I agree that it's a bit dumb that their inbuilt system selected a store for you that had a bad result. Were you given any chance to see what physical store you were purchasing from before you checked out on the Evans site?

Read the other thread about Evans 360 heads. There's a chance all your heads have the new construction, even though the 360 logo isn't stamped on. As I've understood they have been in production since the fall of 2012.

Compare the collars on the new heads, if they're steeper than any other drumheads you have they probably have the 360 construct. But have you even tried fitting them on your drums? If they fit nicely and lay evenly on the bearing edge you wouldn't get any different results since the point of the 360 heads is simply that they should lay evenly.

Sjogras beat me to it. The heads you got might well be level 360, even if they don have the new logo.

With that said, I'm waiting on an order of Level 360 heads myself. In this case I contacted the shop directly and asked to get a full set of logo'd level 360 G1 coated and clear for my toms. It wasnt any troubleand I know I'll be getting what I want, instead of purchasing blindly and rolling the dice.

Sorry you didn't quite get the heads you wanted, but I can't fault Evans for this one. Even if Evans operated their own web store, there's still no guarantee that their inventory would be level 360 branded. It's not like they'd throw out existing inventory just because of an update to the product line.

First off, sorry for my delayed response to this thread. With the success of Level 360, I've been quite busy and have been away from the forums for several weeks. I'll do my best to address everything here.
I thought I was buying direct from Evans....this whole thing is mis-leading and deceptive in my opinion. I will say this is probably not done on purpose but more a simple fact that someone is an idiot at Evans for not having different product numbers for level 360 heads which would allow the consumer to select an actual G2 Clear Level 360 head over the normal G2 clear head.
Hello Pete,

Sorry for the confusion regarding your order. The vast majority of orders placed through our site via the "Evans Store" are fulfilled by a third party. Shopatron handles the checkout process, since we don't actually sell directly to consumers. While we don't advertise that any order placed will come with Level 360 heads and the Level 360 logo isn't pictured on the preview of the head on our site, I can see where you may have thought that you would be receiving Level 360's. Believe me when I say that we thought out the Level 360 launch to the Nth degree to make it as smooth as possible. The best thing we could do was to start releasing them prior to any logo or packaging change (which is what we did across the board in production back in Sept. 2012).

The reason we didn't change item numbers is because this would have been a nightmare for all of our customers- they would have had to duplicate our entire catalog under new item numbers while continuing to offer their current stock under the old numbers. In fact, we'd probably all would have lost out because many would have chosen simply not to carry them due to the massive number of SKUs that would have needed to be added. In addition, many consumers know our heads by the item number and a total change would have added unnecessary confusion.

That being said, it's entirely possible that the heads that you received have the Level 360 collar anyway, even if they don't have the latest logo. If they're not, chances are that they're only one design generation old and should still function very similarly (if not that same) to the current Level 360 heads.

I invite you to contact me directly at [email protected] if you have further issues or concerns. The last thing I want is for drummers to be frustrated (the whole point of Level 360 is to minimize frustration, after all) and I want to make this right. I hope to hear from you soon.

Might I also mention, until most or all of the stock of the non level 360 heads are gone and sold, this will be an issue with me or most anyone. There is alot of stock still out there, and until that is gone...well...

Honestly, alot of stuff being sold online more times than not IS older stock or closeouts, ect ect. Its just not cheaper because its online for that reason only. Musicians Friend, Guitar Center, Amazon, you name it sell ALOT of old stock. That's the online gamble, you just don't know exactly what your getting unless its specificly stated what it is.

My local music store gave me what they had and were able to get in level 360, which was 2 of the 4 heads I bought the other day, so I'm in the same boat. I would have obviously wanted all 360's but it is what it is....for now. Furthermore, the heads are gonna sound the same anyway. Evans have been making quality heads for years now.

Just ordered and received and Evans Hazy 300 from an online store, and it was the 360. Did not ask for it, but received it just the same. Actually forgot about the 360 until I received my order.

The same thing happened at my local shop. Everthing was 360 except the 10. I can't tell the difference in sound so no big deal. Any retailer will give you old stock until it is gone.
The film is the same but the collar is suppose to make them easier to tune but again, I could not tell the difference in tuning or sound.

Just bought coated G2 batters & clear G1 resos in 10,12,13,14,and 16 inch from Amazon. All but one head were in the new level 360 packaging. One head was in old style packaging but had a level 360 sticker on it and it was a level 360........ Terry

Back