Chad Smith

Re: Chad Smith. Like? Dislike? come in.

i think you guys need to see his instructional video.
this guy is one of my biggest influences, i played in a cover band for many years, and we did a LOT of rhcp. in the process, learning all his parts and all that, his playing really influenced mine.

Hey, I don't know if you or anyone else here plays the videogame Rock Band, but I want to ask a Chad Smith Fan:

Do you think Chad Smith deserves a signature rock band drum kit? Would you, as a fan and Rock Band player (if you are) get it for yourself?

Let me know!

Chad's awesome. I mean you have to understand he is much more groove based then technical, but that doesn't take him out of the running for being a great drummer.

One thing i must say that really compliments him, is def flea.

that combo makes the chilli peps more than anthony himself.

I love Chad Smith's drumming! He always seems to have a lot of fun playing - that's kind of what gets me to tap my feet.

Also, apparently he is one of the tallest drummers around - I'm interested to learn more about his setup, being 6.2 ft myself...

Chad's awesome. I mean you have to understand he is much more groove based then technical, but that doesn't take him out of the running for being a great drummer.

One thing i must say that really compliments him, is def flea.

that combo makes the chilli peps more than anthony himself.

He's more technical than you might think.....

He's a good player but it sounds like he put distortion onthe drums for Stadium Arcadium. Or some sort of effect that makes the drum sound less clear

I truly don't understand why people knock Chad. He is a great drummer, with deep pocket, great time and great feel. He has a much better technique than he is given credit for. His use of sixteenth note triplet ghost notes underneath his groove provides the unstated swing that gives his playing that groove. He is also an extremely nice guy and funny as can be. He has a new project in the works called Chickenfoot with some great players. It will be great!!

Paul

I truly don't understand why people knock Chad. He is a great drummer, with deep pocket, great time and great feel. He has a much better technique than he is given credit for. His use of sixteenth note triplet ghost notes underneath his groove provides the unstated swing that gives his playing that groove. He is also an extremely nice guy and funny as can be. He has a new project in the works called Chickenfoot with some great players. It will be great!!

Paul

Totally agree, Paul. He is VERY underrated. Another one of those drummers that "some" don't get. I LOVE his attitude behind the kit. And his technique is not "in your face", but it is CERTAINLY there.

Chad is great, and it shows every time he plays. ;-)

For those that don't know - and this information is out there now - Chad's new project "Chickenfoot" features Chad, Joe Satriani, Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar. My understanding is that they have finished recording their debut album and will soon take the show on the road.

Paul

For those that don't know - and this information is out there now - Chad's new project "Chickenfoot" features Chad, Joe Satriani, Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar. My understanding is that they have finished recording their debut album and will soon take the show on the road.

Paul

Wow...

REALLY?!! :) This will be super...man! A great 4-some like this would/will be a force to be reckoned with. If this is true, I will be definitely looking for this debut disc! Wow...again! ;-)

Thanks Paul.

Paul

Now that's one combo I would have never put together, but it sounds good to me. Adding Satriani to the mix will really add flavor.

Thanks for the update. By the way, I've been wondering how one becomes a "Pioneer" member?

Now that's one combo I would have never put together, but it sounds good to me. Adding Satriani to the mix will really add flavor.

Thanks for the update. By the way, I've been wondering how one becomes a "Pioneer" member?

Hey sling. ;-)

To answer your question...I believe you have to donate a certain amount to DW, to become a Pioneer Member. Though, honestly, I'm not 100% sure. :-|

But if I had to guess, I would say you have to "grease the palms", as they say. ;-)

Hey sling. ;-)

To answer your question...I believe you have to donate a certain amount to DW, to become a Pioneer Member. Though, honestly, I'm not 100% sure. :-|

But if I had to guess, I would say you have to "grease the palms", as they say. ;-)

No greasing necessary. No talent or valuable input necessary either. It is purely a function of longevity. If you were around and posting at the time the site the site was revamped (or if you posted prior to the revamping), which occurred in the middle of 2005, then you are a pioneer member.

Look out for Chickenfoot - they sound great! www.chickenfoot.us

No greasing necessary. No talent or valuable input necessary either. It is purely a function of longevity. If you were around and posting at the time the site the site was revamped (or if you posted prior to the revamping), which occurred in the middle of 2005, then you are a pioneer member.

Look out for Chickenfoot - they sound great! www.chickenfoot.us

Oh, Ok. That makes A LOT more sense. Thanks Paul.

I knew it wasn't due to the number of posts, so my next guess was financially based.

My bad! :-(

Chickenfoot, huh? Funny website, but I believe it's still under construction. I couldn't get past the four mouths. Hee...hee...

Can't wait to hear/see 'em! :)

Thanks Paul,
I thought Michael hit it on the head, but that makes perfect sense. I missed it by a year or so. Anyway back to the thread....looking forwad to hearing Chad's new project.

His playing might not be the absolute best, but I think is is pretty darn good, and up the list. Plus when he plays, he really plays to mainly have fun, and he's crazy when he isn't in front of the kit. It gives the fans to look forward to him, I think.

Back