Evans eq4 batter or Remo Weatherking Pinstripe for Bass Drum?

VladTheLad

Here's a quick question as these two skins came with the kit:

Which is a better skin for my 22x16 bass drum,
Evans eq4 or a Remo Weatherking Pinstripe ??
bear in mind i play rock/metal music.

also, my old kit had a 22x18 bass drum, and the one I've just got has a 22x16. They're both unbranded kits so they're the same sort of thing, just different sizes... which is a more Metally sound?

forgive me if this is a stupid question lol...

It's not a stupid question, but I don't remember if I ever used a 22" Remo Pinstripe bass drum head. I really do like the Evans EQ4 batter heads. I have them on four of my bass drums, it would have been five but the drum shop was out of the 20" diameter when I checked on Saturday.

Dennis

It's not a stupid question, but I don't remember if I ever used a 22" Remo Pinstripe bass drum head. I really do like the Evans EQ4 batter heads. I have them on four of my bass drums, it would have been five but the drum shop was out of the 20" diameter when I checked on Saturday.

Dennis

I used a pinstripe on my bass drum once as I couldn't get anything else ( it was a 20" drum). It was a bad move. It didn't sound very focused and it was very boomy with a lack of attack, even with damping (I generally run my BD wide open with almost no damping at all. It lasted 2 gigs and was gone as soon as I could replace it. If it must be a remo head, try a powerstroke 3 or 4. I've used both, I prefer the PS3 but the PS4 isn't that different.

Back