Fastest Double Bass Player?

Re: Double Bass

According to WFD, Tim Waterson is the supposed fastest. However that's only of the people who participate in the competitions, and there are probably woodshedders everywhere who can do 2000 bpm on the feet, but dont know about it.

His scores were Double Pedal Single Strokes - 1,030, Double Pedal Double Strokes - 1,407, Single Pedal (One Foot) 650. These are all bpm.

I would say Tim Waterson i saw his video off the axid pedals website and the speed he gets is amazing and its really smooth. I would also say Virgil Donati.

Jaska Raatikainen the drummer from Children of Bodom.

OR

This kid I have no clue who he is but someone from Harmony Central posted this kid he knows playing and this kid is fast with sticks and bass plus he has control. He's a pretty good drummer.

Clickety

Hmmm....where do you start???? Derek Roddy, Tony Laureano, George Kollias, Hellhammer. Roddy mentioned once that he got 1,068 with singles once, and something like 633 in 30 seconds.

Humm..

Because somtimes there are much more difficulties than druming fast with double bass,
I forgot to mention Herve Torcheux, a french drummer so amazing: Fla, ghost note and a wird technique stoll from brazilian percussion: baita
no secret for him....
a must seen :)

When it comes to double bass, i wouldn't go for fastest, but more for style and technicalities. Cause with the triple bass pedals and what not out there, any body can get them moving pretty quick.

Definately George Kollias

I guess maybe George Kollias is not the absolute fastest but he's a good example of the speed the best are around. I personally think his control is amazing. Check out his video to give your opinion. George Kollias Drum Solo

The #1 fast double bass player is Tim Waterson. period. He's also in the Guinness Book Of Records...

There's some kid on this forum who is now touring with vital remains. He posted under "extremely fast-drumming." It's pretty amazing. I can't remember his name. H'es only in his early twenties, I think. There's a video on that thread.

Yeah, but what does 650 BPM mean? Does that mean if you set to 650 BPM, you hit it every beap, or more than one time between beaps?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Raymond Hererra from Fear Factory.

I checked out the Flo Mournier video...worst snare sound I've heard since St. Anger.

Curtis - BPM stands for Beats Per Minute, so the numbers quoted by LDGuy for Tim Waterson are the number of individual hits, i.e 650 individual bass drum hits with one foot in a minute.

I have a feeling alot of people are not too sure just what BPM represents...BPM is Beats Per Minute and this represents the TEMPO you're playing at...When sombody says something like "Hey i just played 16ths on the bass at 200 BPM" it does not mean they played only 200 stokes in the minute...If somebody plays at 200 BPM for 1 minute and kept perfect time, they would've hit exactly 800 strokes in that minute...Now take Mangini for example...He played over 1200 single strokes in 1 minute, that is a tempo of just over 300 BPM...Now if any of you have a metronome handy, put it on 300 BPM and just listen to how insanley fast you have to play...Over 20 stokes per SECOND...I have no idea how anyone is able to play that fast...

360 bpm by pete hammouri, the nile drummer. my friend saw em live when they opened for king diamond

those are sixteenth notes by the way. so i guess multiply that number by 4

LDGuy said:
According to WFD, Tim Waterson is the supposed fastest. However that's only of the people who participate in the competitions, and there are probably woodshedders everywhere who can do 2000 bpm on the feet, but dont know about it.

His scores were Double Pedal Single Strokes - 1,030, Double Pedal Double Strokes - 1,407, Single Pedal (One Foot) 650. These are all bpm.
I checked out the WFD website. Mr. Waterson holds 2 of the foot-speed records. Mr. Mike Mingini holds the foot endurance record. He also holds other WFD records as well; more of an all-around fast drummer as far as WFD records that is.

Current WFD Records:

Matched Grip Singles - 1,247,
Bare Hands Singles - 1,138,
Traditional Grip Singles - 1,126,
Endurance 13,222 Feet Singles in 15 Minutes

Like LDGuy mentioned, this information is only on people who actually participate in the World's Fastest Drummer competitions. I would agree that there are others in the world who are at least close to these guys!

toteman2 said:
I have a feeling alot of people are not too sure just what BPM represents...BPM is Beats Per Minute and this represents the TEMPO you're playing at...When sombody says something like "Hey i just played 16ths on the bass at 200 BPM" it does not mean they played only 200 stokes in the minute...If somebody plays at 200 BPM for 1 minute and kept perfect time, they would've hit exactly 800 strokes in that minute...Now take Mangini for example...He played over 1200 single strokes in 1 minute, that is a tempo of just over 300 BPM...Now if any of you have a metronome handy, put it on 300 BPM and just listen to how insanley fast you have to play...Over 20 stokes per SECOND...I have no idea how anyone is able to play that fast...
All this seems confusing; especially since you are implying playing 16th notes played in a 4/4 time signature.

I think that it would be less confusing if we just compared using strokes per minute like WFD does.

YAHAHA said:
All this seems confusing; especially since you are implying playing 16th notes played in a 4/4 time signature.

I think that it would be less confusing if we just compared using strokes per minute like WFD does.
I agree, and if I remember correctly BMP is the pulse marking on a metronome. Example if you set the metronome at 120 in 4/4 you will egt 120 pulses in 60 seconds, so forth and so on. With the drumometer it is DM's or 'drumometer markings'. Which is the actual amount of stroke played within a given time. With drumometer it is not limited or based on 60 seconds.

The new drumometer has a built in metronome and goes to something like 15 min. which is great for working on both technique and timing. Plus the 15 minute workouts adds the whole endurance factor, which is what Mike Mangini just set with his feet. Over 13,000!

Back to the poster's orginal question, it is Tim Waterson of Canada and following is his 1407 WFD World Record fro doubles. It opens in windows and can be viewed at:
http://www.extremesportdrumming.com/WFDTV/Timwindowmediabroadband.wmv

Dave Lombardo

Carter Beauford

Dennis Chambers

They are all psycho in thier own way. But Carter and Dennis seem to be much cleaner than most metal drummers.

there are many fast drummers, my favorite is vinnie paul. coupled with dime (rip) they are awsome to listen to.

Back