New Yamaha Stage Custom in Honey Amber

Wow super nice. Yamaha's stage customs are THE perfect mid-range affordbale quality kit. Though I prefer their honey amber of a few years back. It was more subdued and less bright. Awesome kit though. Under $700 is a steal.

I'll be joining a Jazz Combo at school soon, so I've been working on a lot of jazz, playing to songs and learning melodies, working on independence, etc.

HiRes
2hi5vg2.jpg

HiRes
a0v4p2.jpg

I'll be joining a Jazz Combo at school soon, so I've been working on a lot of jazz, playing to songs and learning melodies, working on independence, etc.

HiRes
2hi5vg2.jpg

HiRes
a0v4p2.jpg

Along with memorizing standards from the real book, start practicing your sight reading! Beautiful kit!

Still looking and sounding as good as ever I'm sure. My Stage Customs are about a year older than yours and are in the Natural Wood finish. I always get compliments about the look and the sound every time I play. Even with the stock birch snare.

Still looking and sounding as good as ever I'm sure. My Stage Customs are about a year older than yours and are in the Natural Wood finish. I always get compliments about the look and the sound every time I play. Even with the stock birch snare.

Same with me. Every time I've played them live or in the studio, people compliment them. I usually play it humble and say, "Ya know, good heads and proper tuning will make any drum sounds good," but it always makes me feel good about my purchase (and my playing).

I actually traded the snare back for some store credit, but I'm sure it too would have sounded great, especially with the kit. I just had no need for another snare.

I got a 16" floor tom for my natural wood kit, but it turns out I like the 14 a lot better.
The 16 is a bit rumbly for me, and if I tune it up high enough to tame the rumble, it's about the same pitch as the 14, but without the character. That 14 is just right.

I also like the stock snare. I put an S hoop on it, changed the head and snares, and it sounds just fine.

I got a 16" floor tom for my natural wood kit, but it turns out I like the 14 a lot better.
The 16 is a bit rumbly for me, and if I tune it up high enough to tame the rumble, it's about the same pitch as the 14, but without the character. That 14 is just right.

I also like the stock snare. I put an S hoop on it, changed the head and snares, and it sounds just fine.

That's too funny! That session, when I brought the two drums in there, I guess I had tuned the 14" low since I had been playing just that for a while and the two drums next to each other sounded SO similar. We were getting sounds and the engineer said into my headphones "Hit the first floor tom. Okay, now the second one. No, the second one." and I took the cans off, hit both of them and realized how similar they were.

That 14" really is so versatile! I may throw an Emperor on the 16" to give it some more punch.

Yep - I'm really happy with the 14. The 16 - not as much.

I think I'm gonna make a mini bass drum out of the 16.

Here's with my recently cut-down 22" bass drum.

Drums:
  • 6.5x14 Premier Brass Snare Drum
  • 9x12 Rack Tom
  • 14x14 Floor Tom
  • 16x16 Floor Tom
  • 14x22 Bass Drum

Cymbals:
  • 15" Istanbul K over 15" Vintage A Zildjian
  • 18" A Custom Projection Crash
  • 20" Constantinople Ride
  • 18" Vintage A (Modified)
  • 18" Vintage K Crash