Songs that totally rock out

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
I just listened to Tommy Bolin's Post Toastee. From 6:28 the song goes right off and by 7 1/2 mins I felt an almost irresistable urge to shake my head as I sit at my PC. If you can do that to an ageing woman then you're really rockin' :)

What songs do that to you?

Every Them Crooked Vultures song.

Especially around 2:43 of No One Loves Me & Neither Do I.

A few songs by Otep really just take me...
Breed (A cover by Nirvana)
Blood Pigs
Sepsis
Hooks and Splinters

Oh and especially the song A Looking In Veiw by Alice In Chains. Every time I hear that I can't help but headbang at how brutal it is.

Way too many... But the first thing that popped into my head when I read the thread title was:

Hole in the Sky - Black Sabbath

Another "banjo" song that totally rocks is 'Losin' Your Mind' by Zakk Wylde's earlier band, Pride and Glory.

Way too many... But the first thing that popped into my head when I read the thread title was:

Hole in the Sky - Black Sabbath
yes "hole in the sky" or "system of the universe" sabatage is one of the most under-rated sabbath albums of all time.

for me it's either "heartbreaker" or "when the levee breaks" by Zep even too this day when I hear the intro it still send chills, I more bias to "when the levee breaks" the greatest recorded drum track ever................IMHO of course LMAO.

Bonzolead

yes "hole in the sky" or "system of the universe" sabatage is one of the most under-rated sabbath albums of all time.

Definitely agreed, I've always loved it. Well Side A anyway... Side B is kinda meh. And why is it, whenever I hear Symptom of the Universe, live or covered, no one ever does that awesome funky acoustic part at the end? That's the best part...

"Fire" - Jimi Hendrix

"Higher Ground" - both Stevie Wonder and RHCP versions do it for me. Just two off the top of my head.

I'd post songs, but I get the feeling they're all stuff nobody would listen to.

Don't mind me, I'll just sit here in my corner listening to Slipknot.

Every Them Crooked Vultures song. Especially around 2:43 of No One Loves Me & Neither Do I.
GOD! DAMN! RIGHT!!! I was just about to post the exact same thing. Every time it gets to that part, right before Josh goes, "Uuh!" I crank that shit up. No way I can keep still. It's literally the most perfect part of any song I've ever heard.

Also:
A Song For The Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age at 3:12.
Freedom Run by Kyuss at 2:21.
Manic Depression by The Hendrix Experience at 2:36
Purity by Slipknot at 2:45

This last one doesn't really rock out, but I still love it:
Between the Lines by Sara Bareilles at 3:20

EDIT: I just saw your post, Steelie. Don't worry, I don't think Slipknot is entirely frowned upon just yet. :p

I agree brother.

Black Sabbath's Sabotage album is great! Symptom of the Universe has that catchy riff guitar from Tony Iommi, is excellent.

Well you know as much as I do - Led Zeppelin is Led Zeppelin. I like "We're gonna groove", the way Bonham rides the Bell!!!

+ Deep Purple: Smoke on the water, Space truckin', Highway star, Mandrake root, Fireball, Speed king, Living wreck, Wring that neck, Hush.......

for me it's either "heartbreaker" or "when the levee breaks" by Zep even too this day when I hear the intro it still send chills, I more bias to "when the levee breaks" the greatest recorded drum track ever................IMHO of course LMAO.

Bonzolead

I agree brother.

Black Sabbath's Sabotage album is great! Symptom of the Universe has that catchy riff guitar from Tony Iommi, is excellent.

Well you know as much as I do - Led Zeppelin is Led Zeppelin. I like "We're gonna groove", the way Bonham rides the Bell!!!

+ Deep Purple: Smoke on the water, Space truckin', Highway star, Mandrake root, Fireball, Speed king, Living wreck, Wring that neck, Hush.......
Yes Ian I knew you liked "were gonna groove" great song if you get a chance check it out on the Led-Zeppelin DVD the Royal Albert Hall concert that's where they recorded that track.

Just too let you know "smoke on the water" was the first tune I sang as a child (2 yrs. old) even as much as like Bonham I gotta say Ian Paice was my first influence.

I've had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Paice (5) times and never been disappointed.
funny story: Deep Purple was playing at Pine Knob a outdoor amphitheater up here in Michigan and a guy from the audience was trying too get on stage and almost did but Ian Gillian hit that guy in the face with his Mic a Shure sm58 I believe you could hear the smack over the PA..........too cool LOL

I know you like the Ian Gillian years with DP but did you like any DP after Ian Gillian? I always like the David Coverdale years also. I love "Burn" now there is a tune that totally rocks out some of Ian Paice's best drumming IMO that whole album is killer.

Keep swattin"
Bonzolead

I just downloaded the free House of Heroes song "Independence Day For A Petty Thief" via http://www.freehoh.com

You need to have a twitter account to get the song, but its freaking balls rocking. The bass guitar slays me, in a good way. Plus its brand spanking new, the full album isn't even out yet.

Back