Dw 3mm Cast Bronze snare

hateplow

Silver Member
I have been looking for a cast bronze (bell brass) snare for quite some time now.
I really wanted a Sonor Artist bronze, but couldn't spend 2,000. I would have hated myself.
Found this monster on ebay

6.5 x 14 DW Seamless Cast Bronze 3mm. It's been upgraded with die-cast hoops. Should be deafening whenever it arrives. I'll take some more pics when it gets here.

Attachments

• bronze.jpg
    bronze.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,670
How's it go again? Good fences make good neighbors? Yeah... nice snare you got there. Say goodbye to your hearing.

how much did that snare run you. i know it's gonna be killa. 3mm!!!!make sure you have some earplugs or something. don't need you going deaf..lol..but that snare is where its at..!!!!

Very cool!

I found this son ebay, it is 4 x 14, brand new from a guy starting up a drum company. It is one of his prototypes. I love it, very loud and very sensitive. Great for those un-miced gigs.

I do not know how thick it is but it weighs a ton. Cast - Lathed - Bronze.

The lathe work is perfect, very nicely built. It came with 2.3 triple flanged hoops. I had these extra so I could not resist ;-)

Oh and it was only $200.00
cast_snare.jpg

Oh man, beauty! I'd love to have one of these snares. I've seen them on eBay but never pulled the trigger...but I think I will the next time I come across one.

Get us some sound clips, eh!?

nice snares rmandelbaum, negativeattitude and hateplow i really like the sound of bronze snares, the thick ones.

Thank you, I would love to hear those DWs, like I said mine is loud, I can't imagine how loud adding 2 1/2 inches must make them. WOW!

Back