Phil Rudd

More power to him.

Yeah i agree there, more power to him, no disrespect to Phil or AC/DC, im just saying Phil, PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. I know you do play what the songs need but some more fills or different patterns wouldn't hurt if you can use them in a good way.

I was a teen listening to David Garibaldi, Nigel Olssen, BUDDY RICH, Neal Peart, Tommy Aldridge etcccccccccccccccccc.................

When I saw Phil Rudd LIVE in 1978 he put the G in groove!

I was a teen listening to David Garibaldi, Nigel Olssen, BUDDY RICH, Neal Peart, Tommy Aldridge etcccccccccccccccccc.................

When I saw Phil Rudd LIVE in 1978 he put the G in groove!

Really? When i think of GROOVE i think Carter Beauford, Steve Gadd, etc.

Yeah i agree there, more power to him, no disrespect to Phil or AC/DC, im just saying Phil, PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. I know you do play what the songs need but some more fills or different patterns wouldn't hurt if you can use them in a good way.

This argument really could be extended to the whole band. They haven't changed musically since '74. Don't get me wrong....I love 'em...saw them at the start of the year and was blown away. But diverse they ain't....and that's cool. it's what they do and why their die hard fans love 'em.

This argument really could be extended to the whole band. They haven't changed musically since '74. Don't get me wrong....I love 'em...saw them at the start of the year and was blown away. But diverse they ain't....and that's cool. it's what they do and why their die hard fans love 'em.

Yeah dude, you are right. If they were to change anything i dont think their die hard fans would be very happy.

...im just saying Phil, PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. I know you do play what the songs need but some more fills or different patterns wouldn't hurt if you can use them in a good way.

AC/DC and Phil Rudd have created a style of rock which suit their music so well, and while Phil's playing appear to be simple to do, it is not. He does uplift the songs with the approach "less is more", a really good player.

They haven't changed musically since '74... ...But diverse they ain't....and that's cool. it's what they do and why their die hard fans love 'em.

Agreed, AC/DC is AC/DC! and 37 years later, they're still here, they must be doing something right...

Yeah dude, you are right. If they were to change anything i dont think their die hard fans would be very happy.

It could be right, however, it would be interesting to see what they would come up with? then we could be the judge of that :)

Does something about this really annoy you?

No, Phil Rudd is an iconic figure in the world of rock music, based on his approach of drumming, and I have no doubt that the man is capable to play something that is "more in your face" type of groove, but somehow it would not suit AC/DC's music...

Phil Rudd Goes Solo!

Album: Phil Rudd / Head Job

Phil Rudd – drums, vocals
Geoffrey Martin – guitar
Allan Badger – bass guitar, vocals
Produced by Phil Rudd

Check:

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/mu...dc-drummer-phil-rudd-new-solo-album-head-job/

From Mr. Rudd:

"We didn't put anything on there that we didn't like. There's no filler."
Rudd has delivered a very personal album “about the s*** that goes on.

Attachments

• Philruddheadjob.jpg
    Philruddheadjob.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 482
  • phil-rudd-acdc-628.jpg
    phil-rudd-acdc-628.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 493
  • phil-rudd-acdc.jpg
    phil-rudd-acdc.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 509
Phil Rudd Goes Solo!

Album: Phil Rudd / Head Job

Phil Rudd – drums, vocals
Geoffrey Martin – guitar
Allan Badger – bass guitar, vocals
Produced by Phil Rudd

Check:

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/mu...dc-drummer-phil-rudd-new-solo-album-head-job/

From Mr. Rudd:

"We didn't put anything on there that we didn't like. There's no filler."
Rudd has delivered a very personal album “about the s*** that goes on.

I got this when I came out in the UK a few months ago. I'm a big fan of Phil's playing and AC/DC in general. the lead single is OK, but....... in my opinion the album is terrible to be honest.

It's Phil plus two local musicians he met in a pub (allegedly) and to be frank, it sounds like it. Great for a Phil completist but it's not going to win any prizes

Honestly I dont see any difference at all when Simon Wright or Chris Slade plays the original Rudd songs.....all in pocket deal.

They all pull and push in different places, and Chris Slade's sound in particular is very distinctive because he plays a remote hihat where a ride would normally be and tends to push quite hard both live and on record. The uptempo songs Razor's Edge are a good example of this and the Donington live DVD. Simon Wright also uses a number of quite specific fills that the others don't. As a result the feel isn't the same. Phil's a slightly more laid back player than the other two.

It isn't necessarily better or worse, it's just different. The Young brothers are on record as saying that Chris Slade is the best musician to have ever played in AC/DC and I think they're right to be honest, but Phil fits better.

They all pull and push in different places, and Chris Slade's sound in particular is very distinctive because he plays a remote hihat where a ride would normally be and tends to push quite hard both live and on record. The uptempo songs Razor's Edge are a good example of this and the Donington live DVD. Simon Wright also uses a number of quite specific fills that the others don't. As a result the feel isn't the same. Phil's a slightly more laid back player than the other two.

It isn't necessarily better or worse, it's just different. The Young brothers are on record as saying that Chris Slade is the best musician to have ever played in AC/DC and I think they're right to be honest, but Phil fits better.

thanks for the clearing the differences..i will listen closely...in the Live at Donigton DVD Slade is playing open handed ....

I only just learnt it was not Phil Rudd playing on the 1975 High Voltage album. I grew up my whole life, and only found yesterday (due to the current TV promotion of the book "the Youngs - History of AC DC"), thinking that Phil Rudd was drumming on that original album. Was a guy called Tony Currenti who played with various other Vanda and Young projects.

I guess a lot of you know this already, but I was surprised as I thought the style on that 1975 album defined the simplicity of Phil Rudd - but it wasn't him....

(Tony said he played every track on the album except Baby Please Don't Go)

I love how Slade pushed the tempo on live at Donnington. I can't get enough of him killing it on Shoot To Thrill. I like Phil too, but I really enjoyed Slade's style and thought he gave the band a real shot in the arm...especially live.

Back