Jam Block or Cowbell?

I play all kinds of rock including punk, alternative etc. I can't decide whether to purchase a jam block or not.
Can anyone please help me decide with pros and cons.

I use a jam block over my hi hats and a cow bell off my cymbal stand in front of the snare. The jam block is great for high volume rim knock effects in rock and it is a must for country. It is great for solos too.

Attachments

• backview.JPG
    backview.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,117
The blue JAM BLOCK can be a useable cross stick sound, by using it this way you'll really get your monies worth out of it.

Other than that JAM BLOCKS are pretty much percussive type flavors used here and there and not nearly everywhere, not like through the whole song as a main component to the groove like a cross stick sound.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,056
The blue JAM BLOCK can be a useable cross stick sound, by using it this way you'll really get your monies worth out of it.

Other than that JAM BLOCKS are pretty much percussive type flavors used here and there and not nearly everywhere, not like through the whole song as a main component to the groove like a cross stick sound.

I agree, after trying a few of them I bought the blue LP as well because the sound of it seemed to be more versatile which allowed me to use it in a wider variety of songs.

Is that the Jam Block on tracks like Mud on the Tires by Brad Paisley, or One of those Lives by Brad Paisley in the verses, or Baby Girl by Sugarland in the first verse?

I play country music, so just trying to find some examples of it in newer country music.

Back