View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Gavin Harrison here!

Hello Gavin,

I'm interested in your mic setup as I'm currently in the process of putting together a home studio. I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about the mics and how you mount them.

I've read that you use the EV N/D408 for you toms live. I was interested to know, since EV doesn't appear to make that model anymore, if you've had the chance to use the N/D468, and if so, how they compare to the 408. These look like a very good design in respect to getting a good position while keeping out of the way, and they seem to sound pretty good in your videos.

Also, I read here that you prefer to mount the mics to your rack when possible. Do you do this in the studio as well as live? I was interested to know what type of mounts you use to accomplish this (particularly with the N/D408s).

And (last question!) specs-wise, the Schoeps CMC5 seems like a particularly good choice for a set of distant ambiance mics. I was wondering which capsules you use in them.

I apologize if you've been over this already (I scanned the thread last night but didn't see an answer to these). Thanks again for the great music! I'm really digging the Nil Recurring EP.

Last edited by Raygun; 12-20-2007 at 01:49 AM.